nineteen

The continuous knocking at her door woke up Mashal with a startle. She rubbed her eyes lazily, trying to fight away the sleep. Murat lied beside her, sleeping peacefully. His hair has grown up a little since the last hair cut and a few locks even covered his face. A fond smile broke onto her lips as she silently observed his heartbeats, his sharp jawline and his long eyelashes. Gosh! Why is he so handsome?

She was nestled in his arms, his strong hands were wrapped around her waist as they slept in each other's embrace. A warm feeling erupted inside her as she took a moment to enjoy the feeling of being so close to him like this. Even after two months of their marriage, it still feels like a dream sometimes. How crazy it was that she's married to her only crush. The thought of being his wife made her feel all giddy and happy. It was truly a dream, the one which she never could have thought would become a reality one day.

But then the fights they have now and then brings her back from the bubble of fairy tale that she has always pictured marriage to be.

Marriage was not easy. She sighed inwardly while trying to get up from the bed. But he was bigger than her and trying to remove his hands from her waist turned out to be such a task.

There was another knock at the door followed by several others.

"Mashal, jaani. Wake up. Aren't you getting late for office?" Malaika's sweet voice made her face pale. The bitter memories of office made her tense. She was yet to confess all of the Aryan Hossain mess to her parents. They'd go livid which is for sure. Especially her father. He's super protective of her.

"I'm up, mama. I'll come down in a few minutes," She shouted loud enough for her mother to hear, who sighed from the other side of the door.

"Alright, get ready soon. Call Murat for breakfast as well. We hadn't had him over in a while," Malaika added before walking out of there.

That's when Mashal's eyes widened in realization. She gazed at her husband again, who was sleeping peacefully without a care in the world.

The memories of the previous night almost made her smile as she recalled everything. Of how he hung up cheesy and cute neon lights on his balcony for her, of how he came in the middle of the night just to hold her close to him and sleep. He's such a charmer. There was no doubt in that.

But did her parents know that he's in this room with her though? She doubts it. She doesn't even know how he came inside in the first place, knowing her crazy and adventurous husband, he would have climbed up some pipes and broken in. The very thought left her cheeks to heat up in shyness. How the heck is she going to face her family and explain them all?

"Murat, wake up!" She shook his biceps, "you can't sleep peacefully while I'm fretting over your silliness. Wake up."

"Mmm," He groaned with annoyance, irritated because of her disturbance so early in the morning. They just slept half an hour ago after praying fajr. He did that one unwillingly for her sake though. Mashal didn't like how he forces himself to do something just to make her happy. But at least he's praying. That's all that mattered.

She was confident that soon enough he'd pray not to please her but because he want to.

But right now she wants him up, explaining to her how he entered their home in the middle of the night. She can't believe he did such a thing for her sake.

"Murat, wake up." She whispered in his ears seductively, knowing very well that it works all the time. She had a mischievous glint in her eyes. Just as expected he woke up, giving her an amused look.

"What happened? I'm tired." If it was someone else in her place it'd have been an entirely different story but just because it's Mashal he's keeping his calm. Otherwise, no one would dare to disturb his sleep. Murat loved to sleep. End of the story.