ten

The loud noise of the alarm woke up Murat with a startle, his eyes opened unwillingly as he searched for the phone but paused realising it was not his alarm but rather his wife's. The word wife makes him smile lazily as he felt something heavy on his chest. He gazed down to see the most adorable sight he could ever wake up to.

Mashal was lying on top of him, he could feel her soft snores and her inhales and exhales. Her long and silky hair was spread all over his chest as she buried her face against the crook of his neck making him feel goosebumps all of a sudden. She was so soft and his hands were wrapped around her petite waist, holding onto her securely. Their legs were tangled up and he had a vague idea of how they both ended up like this.

His wife's phone was lying on the coffee table carelessly, he stretched his long hands to pick that up from the sofa, making sure he wasn't disturbing her. But she sleeps like a log anyway. He wondered how can she sleep through such a loud noise. And what was the need for an alarm at five in the morning anyway? He couldn't reach the table with her lying on top of him like that.

"Mashal, wake up." He muttered huskily, trying to wake her up but she was sleeping unfazed, with her mouth slightly open. His eyes darkened as they fell upon her lips, the same soft lips which he kissed last night. She was equally wild during their first kiss and that made him smile knowing he was desired and wanted by his wife. She kissed him as though it was the end of the world and that made him kiss her harder. The memory was still fresh in his mind. He doubts if he could ever forget that in the first place.

And suddenly he wanted to kiss her again. Right at this instant. But the damn alarm was driving him crazy already. He hates waking up early with a passion. No one disturbs him when he is asleep.

"Mashal, wake up." He groaned, slightly annoyed because of the alarm which was so loud and he still got no clue why she wanted to wake up so early in the morning and suddenly he did. It was a facepalming moment for him as a Muslim to not know why would people want to wake up so early like this.

"Mashal, you should be praying fajr. Wake up." He felt worse knowing never in his past five to six years he had woken up in the early morning to pray. He had done that last when he was still living with his parents. Those were good old times. Thinking about his actions made him nothing but guilty now.

He did stray away from the right path a long ago.
Because of Eliza. The thought left him so bitter. But he didn't dwell in her thoughts much.

His heart no longer longed for her whenever he'd think about her. He couldn't care less about her. Nor was he hurt over what she did to him. Not anymore atleast. He could happily say that he has moved on and he was looking forward to what life has in store for him.

As he gazed down at his sleeping wife again, with her silky hair spread all over his chest. She didn't remind him of someone else anymore like it used to in the beginning. Someone else who is totally irrelevant now. Mashal was his wife and that's the only reality. He liked this reality better anyway. 

Yesterday was blissful, right from the moment he muttered his three qubools to taking her hand in his. And their kiss last night. It was all too dreamy and made him look forward to a happy future ahead with his wife. The word wife made him feel all sorts of things. It made him feel more responsible and he made a silent promise to himself that he'll treat Mashal fairly like she deserves to be treated. He'd never ever let his past affect the present or future. He will make sure it won't.

Finally, the alarm snoozed on its own snapping him back to the reality.

"Papa, two more minutes please," Mashal mumbled sleepily and continued to sleep, her hold tightened against his torso making his heart race. A chuckle escaped his lips as he gazed down at her. His wife was so adorable and he could just stare at her forever and ever, but the moment was broken as her alarm began to startle him yet again.