8

In the end, Shen NingXin went to Qiu YiBai's side with the drink in her hand.

There were many people in the Foreign Trade Department, so the table was extremely wide. And since she's new, she sat near the outside.

This meant she was a long way away from Qiu YiBai.

At the moment, the atmosphere was high, and people had already toasted for several rounds, so the freshness had passed. Everyone was busy eating and chatting, so few people looked at her.

Except for that paper tiger Qiu YiBai who had been gazing at her for a while now.

Shen NingXin was stared at the entire way. She felt as though her steps were swaying without even drinking yet.

"President Qiu."

She stood still in front of Qiu YiBai, her round apricot eyes curved into a crescent, and she smiled obediently. "I toast you a drink."

As soon as her voice fell, Qiu YiBai immediately picked up her drink and clinked her glass with hers.

She used quite a lot of strength, almost knocking half of Shen NingXin's drink out.

Was she angry?

Shen NingXin was taken aback, and fearing that Qiu YiBai felt uncomfortable, hurriedly opened her mouth to apologize, "I'm sorry, President Qiu, I didn't mean to . . ."

Before she finished speaking, Qiu YiBai suddenly neared her silently.

As though whispering, she used a volume only the two of them could hear.

"Shen NingXin, are you not good at drinking?"

"Is that why you wouldn't come and toast me?"

Her voice was very low, and the way she spoke made her tone half ridiculing, half alluring.

Shen NingXin was taken aback and quickly met her gaze.

Those dim pupils shrouded in a cage of alcohol were currently layered by flickering faint lights. It was a look so entrancing that anyone who saw her would quicken their breathing.

Shen NingXin was silent for a moment, unable to speak her thoughts.

But Qiu YiBai quickly continued the conversation again. She sat in the same place unhappily and opened her mouth to educate her, "Even if you're not used to it, you still need to come and toast. Otherwise, not only would it be bad if other people saw that, but I would also get angry."

"But I'll remember that you have low alcohol tolerance," she suddenly said after a moment.

"If you come to toast next time, we can also use that excuse."

She's taking care of her.

Upon realizing this, Shen NingXin's cheeks became warm.

"You should drink less, too," Shen NingXin paused, then lowered her voice to try and persuade Qiu YiBai, "I think you're a little drunk right now . . ."

As soon as she said that, Qiu YiBai became displeased.

"You're the one who's drunk," she said with extreme dissatisfaction and shook her head, "Even if everyone at this table was drunk, I still wouldn't be."

"You're looking down on me too much." Before Shen NingXin could speak, she waved her hand and shooed her away.

Immediately afterward, she poured herself another glass, and as she took a bite of food, she drank a little, then repeated the two steps.

". . . . . ."

Look how quickly she ate her own words.

The meal lasted for nearly two hours, and everyone was a little drunk after it ended.