22

The meal lasted for over an hour.

Truthfully, Shen NingXin hadn't been in a good mood since the conflict with Pei Qing.

Even her eating and sleeping had been deeply disrupted for a long time.

For instance, she didn't eat last night and simply went to bed lethargically after taking a shower.

It was the same this morning. Since she was in a daze thinking about things, she was almost late to work and only ate a small bun to fill her stomach.

So tonight's dinner was the most comfortable meal she's had in a long time.

The sizzling and fatty barbecue smelled amazing, and upon putting it inside her mouth and thoroughly chewing it, she felt happiness overflow, putting her in a good mood.

The air conditioner was turned on in the small private room. The cold wind and heat from the grill swirled together, making the air the right temperature as it fanned against her face.

It was both quiet and comfortable.

Shen NingXin lowered her head to grill the meat, and as she thought, she suddenly let out a laugh.

"What are you laughing dumbly about?" Qiu YiBai raised her eyes, soon discovering her strangeness.

Qiu YiBai was in a good mood today, so she asked the waitress for some alcohol.

It was a fruit wine, so the alcohol content wasn't very high, where even after a couple of glasses, she was only a little tipsy.

She seemed no different from normal.

But in reality, her cheeks were slightly red and she spoke more than before, much of her nature that had been suppressed finally released.

Seeing Shen NingXin laugh to herself, she thought there was something funny and moved her head over to look.

So such a scene appeared—

One person kept laughing at the barbecue, and the other was frowning, trying to figure out what exactly was so funny.

After she still couldn't discover anything, she moved back awkwardly, opening her mouth and letting out a few "haha's" to go along.

It was weirdly cute.

Shen NingXin watched her, her smile deepening.

A conclusion also gradually emerged from the bottom of her mind.

To be honest . . . every time she went out with Qiu YiBai, she felt quite happy.

After she finished eating, Shen NingXin got up to use the bathroom.

Before she left, she felt a little worried, fearing that this crybaby would secretly cry again after drinking too much.

But thankfully, Qiu YiBai didn't look too unusual at the moment.

She felt relieved and hurried to the bathroom, then went downstairs to the front desk to pay the bill.

But only when she asked did she discover that Qiu YiBai had already settled the bill at some point.

When did this happen?!

She was a little surprised and quickly questioned the girl at the front.

"Your friend came to pay the bill soon after you guys ordered the food," the young lady recalled and even showed her the receipt she kept.

It marked the time, 6:30.

It really was soon after ordering.

Shen NingXin was taken aback when she saw this, then thought for a moment and quickly came to a conclusion in her mind.