25

Shen NingXin actually heard of the ghost story Qiu YiBai was telling a long time ago.

It was kind of cliche, where you could basically guess the plot development, but to cooperate with her, Shen NingXin didn't say anything and simply listened along.

When Qiu YiBai finished the last sentence, Shen NingXin hurriedly nodded and said, "It's so scary."

She guessed that this was Qiu YiBai's intention.

It had to be to try and scare her, otherwise why would she be telling a ghost story at night.

Sure enough, as soon as she finished speaking, Qiu YiBai's voice came from over the "fortress".

Her tone was different from the dark and gloomy one she had when telling the story and instead, it held a sense of pride and ridicule.

"Is it that scary?" she said, "Shen NingXin, you're already so old and you're still afraid of ghosts ah."

I gave you a rope and you really started to climb1.

Shen NingXin didn't want to argue with her, so she went along with her words and nodded, admitting, "Yeah, it scared me to death."

Such a simple sentence would probably satisfy her for a while.

She sighed internally, thinking about how it was like she was coaxing a child. Shen NingXin yawned and hugged her doll even more tightly. "President Qiu, since you finished the story, I'll be going to sleep then."

"Aren't you scared, though?" Qiu YiBai paused after she heard her words. "You're still able to fall asleep?"

"It's alright." Shen NingXin nodded. "President Qiu, if you need anything, tell me . . ."

After speaking, soon there was no voice.

After some moments, Qiu YiBai slightly propped herself up to look in her direction. When she saw that this person was sleeping so soundly, she retracted her gaze, a little unhappy.

With a cold "Hmph", she tucked in her feet that were outside the blanket, then turned over to get ready to sleep, too.

". . . . . ."

Shen NingXin suddenly woke up in the middle of the night.

The dishes last night were a bit salty, so she drank a lot of water before going to bed out of thirst, and now she wanted to use the bathroom.

The person beside her was making no movements, probably sleeping soundly right now.

Shen NingXin was afraid of waking her up, so she didn't open the lights and simply got up and began to walk in the dark with her phone in her hand.

But halfway through, she suddenly tripped on something.

She then remembered that both of their suitcases were placed around this area.

Sighing helplessly, Shen NingXin had no choice but to silently increase her phone's brightness to use it as a source of light.

She actually walked for quite a bit. By now, she was on the side where Qiu YiBai was sleeping, getting closer to the bathroom.

Victory was in sight!

She let out a long breath of relief. Just as she was about to raise her foot to take another step, she suddenly caught a glimpse of Qiu YiBai jerk on the bed.

Qiu YiBai seemed to be frightened by her and immediately sat up straight to open the light, fear evident on her face.

Shen NingXin was also frightened by her, quickly opening her mouth to explain, "President Qiu, it's me!"