VI

“I’m not one to sit and have a coffee and talk about much,” I looked down at his hand and back up at his bright green eyes.

“Who said we have to have coffee?” he shrugs, smirking slightly. I took a deep breath and slowly held my hand out to meet his in a swift hand shake.

“Ah, great choice Miss Miller. Then I guess you wouldn’t mind coming to have some lunch with me and take the rest of the day off.”

I was about to refuse when I realised I cleared my schedule for the rest of the day. And if I did want this article I guess I may as well start now. I picked up my hand bag and Harry seemed a little surprised that I complied.

“You have to understand I have a very busy work schedule and I won’t be able to just join you at any time,” I pulled my coat on and stepped out from behind my desk.

“All I’m asking for is your free time Miss Miller,” he grins down at me.

“I don’t get a lot of that,” I looked up at him and walked to my office door.

“I’m sure you have time to spend with friends and family,” his eyebrows slightly furrow as he walks out of my office and waits for me to shut my door before we walk to the elevator.

“I don’t have many friends, and I don’t have much free time,” we both stepped into the elevator and pressed the lobby button.

“Is that a choice Miss Miller?” he asked, raising his eyebrows.

“It’s my job,” I reply.

“To cut yourself off from people to be successful?”

“I’m sorry?” I question furrowing my eyebrows.

“It’s your job to cut yourself off from friends and family to get ahead in your career?”

“I don’t cut anyone out. I’m good at my job, I enjoy my job and my family knows that,” I defended, which led to a peaceful silence.

“It’s a scary thing to end up alone Miss Miller,” he mumbles.

“Who says I’m going to end up alone?” I question.

“Well just from this conversation alone you’re a very closed off person-“

“I prefer the term private,” I interrupted.

“There’s a difference between privacy and being closed off,” he looks at the doors in front of us as they opened. We stepped out and I waved to the receptionist, who waved back with a small smile.

“And what would that difference be?” I asked, stepping out of the lobby and into the cool air.