II

“Leigh, you can’t keep sleeping with that douche bag,” Eva scolds me while handing me my coffee, “You know he sleeps around with whores.”

“Eva, for the last time, what I do in my spare time is none of your business.”

“I’m your best friend I have to know what you do in your spare time!” she waves her hands around. Little did she know every time I tell her that I’m going out with my ex, Kennedy Myers, I actually stay at home and work, unless I have a premier I need to attend.

“Why can’t you just go out to a nice bar, meet a hot guy, exchange numbers and see where it goes from there?”

“Because I’m a workaholic Eva, no man has been able to capture my interest enough or has been willing to date me because I’m a workaholic.”

“I think you’re just very dedicated to your job, because you haven’t got a man to be dedicated to,” she shrugs.

“Just drop it Eva,” I snap at her. “Can you send this to Steve,” I ordered handing her a sticky note.

“Do you want me to wipe your arse too?” she scoffs and leaves the room. I pick up the phone that blares through my large office.

“Leigh Miller from Cosmopolitan,” I answer, pushing the speaker button.

“Leigh, it’s about Styles.”

“I’m listening,” I lean back in my seat.

“I got in touch with an assistant of his and he’s strictly said no interviews what’s so ever.”

“Shit,” I mutter, “Okay, Kevin. Get in touch with this assistant and have her call me. We need that interview.” I pressed the red button and rubbed my temples. I stand up from my desk and walk out of my office, strutting back down passed everyone. “Jane, how’s the article coming along?” I ask, still walking.

“Steve’s checking it now.”

“Excellent. Daniel the template?”

“Just doing the finishing touches ma’am.”

“Great, I want it sent to me this afternoon,” he gives me a firm nod and I turn into another office.

“Ah, Miss Miller,” I cringe at his disgusting smile.

“Burk, cut the crap. Where the hell were you for the meeting?” I ask leaning my hands against his desk.

“God, I love when you’re strict with me,” he eases back into his chair.

“Where. Were. You?” I ask getting irritated.

“Miss Miller I don’t think you understand. I don’t need to attend those bullshit meetings when I know for a fact you’ll turn up and run them anyway.”

Fears (Slow Updates)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें