Chapter 11

Magnus took a deep breath. He knew Clary was suffering but he couldn’t do anything to prevent it. She was giving up and it didn´t help that Jace still was avoiding her. The two couple of weeks her wellness had been worse. Her heart had stopped more than once and pain had grown in her. He saw it in her eyes. it was easy to try and find a solution while she was asleep because then h could work on her without her knowing. But some things he needed to do while she was awake and she did not give him permission to do it.

“Magnus… where is my mum? Is she hurt?” Magnus froze. Hadn’t someone told her about her mother? he sighed

“I´m so sorry… she didn´t survive the war” he said as he once again tried to figure out what was wrong with her. The stab wound had healed but it was something different who made her ill and while he thought hard about it something clicked.

“S-she is dead..?” Clary asked with a lot of sadness in her voice. It was always filled with sadness but this time the tears fell from her eyes

“I´m so sorry..” Magnus said. He engulfed her in a hug as her tears strained his light blue shirt.

“M-Magnus?”

“Yeah?”

“Why don´t Jace want to see me?” she asked and now Magnus could hear just as much sad she was

“I don´t know honey” Magnus replied and just like that Clary doubled over and was clutching her hand to her belly. She had paled and lost a lot of weight this last five weeks. She refused to eat which didn´t help her. Magnus had blue sparkle flashing out of his hand while he roared her stomach and chest with his hand. Clary cursed him and actually begged him to stop. But he didn´t do it. After a while Clary fell limp toward the infirmary bed again. She had hallowed breaths and had a greyish tone to her body. Magnus decided it was time for him to speak with angel boy about this. He hadn´t been down and asked about her since the patch accident two weeks ago. Magnus had been told that Izzy had temporary moved in with Simon since Jordan´s death.

Jace was sitting in one of the armchairs of the library. He was reading a book by Mark twain. Clary had told him to read it a couple of months ago. And now since he had all the time in the world he did. The demon activity had been low since the war and he couldn´t managed to go down to Clary even if he knew she was awake and healthy. He found himself wonder why she was still at the infirmary if she was healthy but found out the answer that maybe she wasn´t because he hadn’t even checked up on her… what a terrible boyfriend I´m he thought as the door opened to show Magnus.

“What´s wrong?” Jace asked immediately. Magnus hadn´t left the infirmary once since they came back from Idris

“I don´t know what your problem is but she needs you! And if you won´t be there for her she won’t survive!” Magnus shouted. This took Jace by surprise. Magnus was never one to shout. Jace didn´t answer him. He was already hurting by all the guilt inside of him and he had lost her the same day she had agreed to become Sebastian´s queen. Jace hadn´t know why that disturbed him. She had saved them all at the time but he hated her decision.

“I know what´s wrong with her but I´m not allowed to heal her…” Magnus said

“What? Why?” Jace asked

“Because she thinks she deserves all of this. That her punishment would be worse than death”

“What could be worse than death?... Maybe Sebastian could have been worse but she has already went through that to… So what can be worse than death here?” Jace asked and met Magnus cat formed eyes

“Maybe to come back from her evil brother to find her bellowed one not in love with her anymore?” Magnus said carefully

“What?” Jace was confused

“You don´t seem to love her anymore… she is certain that you don´t love her and that, that is the punishment for her. A life of terrible pain and heartbreak… I don´t know what you feel Jace, but you have to talk to her before it´s too late. Soon I can´t bring her back anymore” Magnus said and left the room and Jace alone. Jace rose from the chair and picked up the book he had dropped to the floor. He paced around the library before he left the room.

Jace found himself outside the infirmary. The door was open and he saw Clary was asleep. It was something different about her. She looked different. She was a lot thinner and her hair had lost it glows. Her skin was greyish and she looked really ill.

Jace sat down at the chair beside her bed and took her hand. The nightstand table had a plate of untouched food upon it and a glass of water. He looked over at Clary again and sighed when he still felt the warmth of her hand.

He didn´t know how long he sat there but both Alec and Magnus went through the infirmary a couple of times and said things to him and Magnus did blue sparkeling stuff with his hand at Clary who moaned in pain.

“Make sure she eats when she´s awake” Alec said before they left the room. Jace sighed. You could easily see the veins in her body.  A couple of hours later the tears ran down his face as he thought about how much time he had let go. Time where she actually could have died where he only moped around instead of being here for her. He loved her.

“J-jace..?” a weak soft voice said who brought him back and locked eyes with her beautiful green ones.

“Clary!” He said hope full in his voice “Are you okay?”

“What are you doing here?” she asked. He could hear the pain in her voice and see the hurt in her eyes and he knew he had done that by not talking to her.

“I´m sorry I just left you alone..” he confessed and looked over at her. “I was weak..”

He was met by silence and then a scream. A scream of terrible pain

“Clary!” Jace said and was just about to let her hand go and raise to get Magnus when she squeezed his hand really hard

“Don´t… leave… me…” she gasped “Please… don´t… leave… me… again” Her eys begged him and tears fell out of her eyes

“We need to get Magnus here” he said and another scream escaped her lips and at this moment the door flung open to show a really worrid Magnus, Alec and Maryse.

“What happened?!” Magnus demanded

“I don´t know…” Jace confessed

“Clary?” Magnus asked

“My…stomach..” she breath. Her eyes never leaving his.

“I knew what´s wrong but I´m not capable of fixing this by myself…” Magnus said

“What´s wrong with her?!” Jace demanded and Magnus looked over to Clary who gasped for air

“While she was an endarkend she had sex with a demon…” Jace froze. She did what?! “This is the conceconses of that action… She has a part of him inside her” Magnus said

“W-what… does… that… mean?” Clary gasped

“That… I don´t know… “ Magnus said. “I can´t make the pain go away anymore, I´m not strong enough..” A screamed came from Clary and she whimpered in bed clutching her belly and turned towards Jace

“Please… make it stop…” she begged him

“You know I can´t do that” he said

“Can.. you.. at last… lay with me?” she gasped and to that Jace nodded and laid down beside her and carefully massaged her belly. After three hours of laying so, Clary crying and screaming in pain she fell asleep dye to exhausting