Ch 12: Scout's Request

The whole time you were at work you couldn't help but wonder how Scout was doing every once in a while. It was the first time he had been left alone at your house so you were slightly worried about the guy. You didn't think he would get into too much trouble, but you still had a few little worries.

If he went on a run today was he able to find his way around the neighborhood alright? Did anyone who lived near him stop him to talk? Your nearby neighbors usually kept to themselves, but there was a nice old couple who lived across the street that you talked with often and helped somewhat with chores. They were really nice, but the old lady was a bit nosey. If she saw him leaving your house you wouldn't put it past her to call Scout over to talk only to grill him a little to see what his connection to you was. Would Scout be able to come up with a convincing enough lie? You wanted to think that he could, but well...

It was Scout.

Scout didn't strike you as someone who was super good at coming up with a lie right there on the spot. Honestly, you really should come up with some story as to why Scout was with you. It had been only a few days since he crash landed in your life, so you hadn't really thought about it. However, if he ended up staying long enough he would end up running into your friends eventually. Your friends would want to know why some guy that they had never met was living with you for some reason. You would have to come up with something to tell them.

Honestly, upon thinking about that you spent most of the day thinking up excuses as to why Scout was with you. Even once work was over you were still toying around different ideas to explain why Scout was suddenly living with you. You stopped by a grocery store to pick up two pumpkins for you and Scout to carve for Halloween along with a pumpkin carving kit and a few bags of Halloween candy to pass out to trick-or-treaters, but once that was done you went straight home. When you got home you saw that Scout wasn't in the living room.

"Scout?" You called out. "I'm home!"

You didn't get any reply but just when you were about to get concerned you heard Scout's muffled voice coming from your bedroom. You couldn't make out what he said but hearing his voice made you relax a bit. You made a quick stop at the kitchen to drop off the pumpkins and candy before you made your way over to your bedroom. Upon opening your door, you immediately spotted Scout sitting on his bed on his laptop with some headphones on. He was quick to spot you and when he did he gave you a bright smile and a small wave. However, his smile quickly faded as he focused his attention back on the laptop.

He frowned as he said "Ay yo can someone watch Engineer's back? I'm still stuck in Respawn, and the other team has like three freaking Spies trying to wreck his nest and stab him."

You slowly approached him and sat down on the bed next to him. You looked at the screen only to see that it looked like he was playing as a RED Pyro on the Pier map. There was only one point for the BLU to capture, so everything going on right now was chaotic.

Chat seemed busy, and you saw a Party comment from Morgana saying something like "The one Spy with the kunai likes to sneak over to Engineer through the beach."

It looked like Scout and Morgana were playing together. The second Scout was Respawned he was charging out of the Respawn with his flamethrower blasting as he ran toward the nearby Engineer nest. He immediately set aflame a Spy that had been disguised as a Heavy.

"My Pybro is back!" You saw the Engineer say in chat.

"Yeah I am! I won't let any Spy wreck your stuff," Scout said. "Your Pybro has your back."

That comment got a small huff of amusement upon hearing that. Scout had only been playing the game for a sort time, and he was already learning the game lingo. You sort of had to wonder how many other tf2 lingo he had learned since you had been away. Your amusement only grew when you saw that Scout's comment about not letting any Spies near the Engineer seemed to garner a few comments from his teammates.