Ch 6: Just what do you need to tell me?

*Scout's POV*

Scout wasn't much of a morning person. When he got up for the day it took a bit of time for him to really wake up. Normally, this wasn't that much of a big deal. However, when you are someone who has just recently been shipped off to another world this can lead to a bit of confusion when you aren't yet used to the whole 'being in another world' thing. When Scout woke up that morning his brain didn't really remember that he was in another world. It didn't really remember that he wasn't back in his room at the RED base.

No, when Scout woke up that morning and stared up at the cream colored ceiling the only thought that jumped into his groggy brain was 'That's not my bedroom ceiling.'

It took a minute for his brain to really wake up, and helpfully remind him 'Of course it's not your ceiling. You are stuck in another world remember?'

Scout sighs as he runs his hands through his hair. He still wasn't used to waking up in a new world. He wasn't exactly sure if he ever would be. The sound of soft grumbling coming toward his left snapped him out of his thoughts. He looked over toward the source of the noise only to smile a little when he spotted (Name). He couldn't help but smile a bit when he spotted her. She was lying there on her bed peacefully with a slight smile on her face. Was she having a good dream, or was her good mood from last night still lingering even in her sleep?

She had been a bit lost in thought after dinner last night although Scout couldn't blame her. After talking about his family a little they had talked about a few other subjects, and some of those subjects were at least somewhat serious. Honestly, if Scout had left her to her own devices he was pretty sure she would have stayed lost in thought for the rest of the night.

Thankfully, Scout had the bright idea to watch one more movie before they went to bed. They decided to continue the superhero movie theme that they had going on, but they decided to watch something that Scout was actually familiar with. They had watched the Batman movie from 1966 that stared Adam West.

She didn't own a physical copy of the movie, so Scout had gotten a quick crash course explanation on how streaming movies worked. Honestly, Scout couldn't get over the fact that she had hundreds of movies that she could watch right then and there whenever she wished. Every time Scout thought the future couldn't get any better (Name) would go and do something to prove him wrong.

At any rate about halfway through the movie whatever it was that had been bothering her seemed to fade away in favor of laughing and joking with Scout about the cheesy glory of the movie. Scout was glad that whatever seemed to be bothering her had been forgotten about. He thought she had a rather adorable laugh, and something about her smile made him just want to smile right along with her.

Scout shook his head a little as he tossed his blankets off of himself, and got up. For a moment he debated leaving the blankets where they were, but he thought better of it. Better to fix it now then have to fix it later. He was able to do the job quickly, and silently enough. His bed wasn't too messed up, and the Sonic doll that (Name) had given him was still lying on the bed next to his pillow where Scout had placed it last night. When the bed was made Scout made sure that the Sonic doll was leaning up against his pillow.

Scout smiled a bit as he brushed his fingers against the fabric of the doll. Scout had never been a huge plush toy sort of person even when he was a kid. He didn't dislike plush toys or anything, but as a child he was more interested in toy cars, crayons, and baseballs. The only exception to the rule was a teddy bear that he had gotten as a baby that he had adored as a toddler, and still had sitting on his shelf back home in Boston.

At any rate plush toys were not exactly something that he would ever ask for much less ever get as a gift. With that said he was already rather attached to the Sonic doll. Scout couldn't remember the last time someone gave him a present out of the blue just because they wanted to. Sure, he got gifts from his family and a few presents from the other mercenaries during Christmas and his birthday, but that was expected.