Ch 13: If you are willing to talk I'm willing to listen

After you got Scout the job at your friend's dog daycare the rest of the day had gone on without much drama. Tuesday ended up being pretty much the same. You went to work while Scout stayed home, and when you got back Scout made dinner for the two of you and you spent the rest of the day playing TF2 together.

During those two days neither one of you brought up the job much which was fine with you. It honestly wasn't something you wanted to think about due to the fact that you had no idea how that would go, and not knowing made you more than a bit nervous. So honestly you tried not thinking about it. It worked out alright, but eventually Wednesday came and there was no avoiding it anymore. On that day you and Scout had two completely different feelings about the day. Scout was clearly excited about working at the dog daycare. He was a bundle of energy that could barely stay still as he got ready for the day. The whole morning, he had a large smile on his face, and he was talking about what sort of dogs he might see that day.

"Think they will have a few golden retrievers there like Buttercup? Or maybe they have like Cocker spaniels? My brother Steve has one named Misty. Like getting a dog was like the very first thing he did once he started living on his own and had the money to pay for it. Misty is really sweet, but she is like the laziest dog I have ever seen."

You just nodded along as Scout babbled on about dogs, but while you looked calm you were anything but calm. If Scout was a bundle of energy that morning you were a bundle of nervous. You really didn't know what to expect from today. You didn't think Alex would be mean to Scout or anything. Alex was a rather laid back person in general, and you knew he would give Scout a fair chance. You were pretty sure Alex wouldn't recognize Scout either.

Alex didn't play Team Fortress 2. He didn't care much for first person shooter games, and he didn't really play many multiplayer games either. The only multiplayer games he touched were like Mario Party games, or Don't Starve Together and the only reason he even played Don't Starve Together was because a friend gave him a free copy that they had. When Alex played games it was mostly single player games which usually consisted of farm simulators like Stardew Valley or the Rune Factory games, or RPG games like the Dragon Quest series or something like that. His interest in first person shooter games were none existent, so the chances of him recognizing Scout were slim to none.

The only reason he might notice that Scout looked a bit like a video game character would be due to him noticing the similarity between Scout and maybe one of your tf2 collectables that you had and he had seen when he was hanging out at your house. Even if that did happen Alex wouldn't assume that Scout was a video game character that somehow came into your world because honestly something like that only happened in fanfiction.

Heck, if you hadn't had Scout get dropped into your lap the way he did you would think the concept of video game characters coming into your world was downright insane. So really you didn't worry too much about Alex figuring out who Scout really was. What you did worry a bit about was Scout's lack of knowledge about your world. You have given him a bit of a crash course on things like computers, the internet, and a few other things so Scout wasn't completely unknowledgeable here.

Still, Scout didn't know everything about the tech of your world. Heck, you were pretty sure Scout still didn't completely understand how the internet worked. He was also a man that got ripped out of the 1960's. Anything that happened after the 60's Scout would probably be clueless about. Luckily, he was going to a dog daycare to take care of dogs. The topic of conversations would probably stay on the job, and that job did not require any technologic knowhow. You doubted the conversation of history of the world starting from the 70's and beyond would come up much either. So as far as Scout's unfamiliarly with your world went it probably wouldn't be too big of a deal. He knew just enough about your world that he could get along alright.