Epilogue : Happy Ending

[ Door To You ]

"G-Go on," Y/N smiled. Her voice cracked at the start but she covered it up by coughing. "Why did you stop? I know how happy you are to finally go back home. It was great.. It was a great opportunity for me to bond with another party."

Huening Lai turned and eyed her, breathing out. The queen and the witch moved away to give the 2 some space.

"So you just found me as an amazing opportunity?" He moved closer. Y/N stood rooted, biting her lower lip as she looked down. The human moved a little more closer, to the point their body were inches away.

"So was I just an opportunity to you?" He queried, voice suddenly low and it barely came out as a whisper.

"What did you want me to think of you as?" Y/N asked, looking up. She felt her eyes being forced to look at his eyes for the last time— The last time she will be able to endear those eyes that was so different to her kind. The eyes that held the tears of laughter and sadness. The eyes that she grew fond of seeing everyday.

"An unforgettable boy, or a man you ever seen in your life. Whatever you want to think of me."

"Then," She beamed. "Then you are an unforgettable human I've ever met. One of a kind that I hoped to not meet another."

A fond grin stretched itself on the human's face. He got closer to her and Y/N automatically closed her eyes, waiting for his lips but his breath hit her nose and she opened her eyes, confused as to why he stopped. "Why did you stop?"

He smiled warmly and leaned in more, "The problem is," he breathed, both their noses touching. "I'm afraid if I did kiss you, then I won't be able to stop."

Hearing his response, Y/N scoffed and pulled him by his shirt, attaching both their lips. As soon as their lips touched, his hand slowly crept up the fairy's spine, pulling her in close. His hand rested on Y/N's hip and behind her neck. Eyes both shut closed as they savored each other's lip, without knowing the awkward pair of eyes staring at them.

"You know," A voice spoke. Y/N pushed the human back in a blink of an eye and eyed the queen who popped out of nowhere. "I can turn your human friend into a creatizen if he gave me permission." The queen said, eyeing the two. Y/N's eyes widened and Huening Kai cheered internally but soon thoughts of his family clouded him which made him turn to the queen.

"But my family.." He trailed. The queen smiled and soon chanted something under her breath. In a blink of an eye, a live video played in front of them. Huening Kai's breath hitched, his eyes not wanting to believe what he saw.

"But if I'm here, who is that?"

"Your clone. Your soul is here but not your body so that's your clone, acting like you. So, you have nothing to worry about. " The older fairy explained. She smiled, patting Huening Kai's shoulder. The human stared at his so called 'clone', "So all along, I was there physically.. I thought I wasn't. I thought they would've thought I was dead. But, I wasn't."

Y/N observed Huening Kai, his expression grew somewhat sad. The fairy scooted closer to him and patted his back with comfort. "Hey, it's fine." Y/N mumbled, "At least you are there still to let your family not worry."

"But—"

"Shh." Y/N hushed him, placing her finger on his lips. "You have 2 options. Either stay or leave. Don't try to stress yourself with unwanted thoughts. You can.. leave but you could stay. The decision is yours. Think through it." Y/N said softly, her hand still grazing against the clothed back of the human.

Huening Kai fell silent. He began thinking. He was there at home but not mentally. His body was physically there but not his soul. At least, he was still there. That will not give his family worries. But, his soul... His soul was in another universe. Opposite him stood the fairy that helped him and soon whom he fell for.

Between the line of family and love, he hopelessly stood in the middle with an aching heart and messed up mind.

Family was always his first priority but he didn't know what came up in him.

"I'll stay." He responded, firmly.

He chose to stay.

It was his life, his decision. He was physically there to console his family so that made him feel better. He wants happiness and so he decides to stay, his mind now starting to think of a future he and Y/N could grow in the future, both of them as fairies.

― the end,
a huening kai ff written by btspinktxt.