thursday (part 2)

TW: Scars/scrapes, course language, and slight mentions of s/h.

"...So, you're telling me we've been sharing a dream?"

"I-I know it sounds hard to believe."

"Hard to believe is an understatement, I think." I tapped my foot rhythmically on the hospital's tiled floor, holding my fist to my mouth. "Is it, like... magic or something?"

"I don't know, maybe??"

The silence was suffocating. I was stressing. Hero was staring blankly at the wall, his eyes glazed over. For somebody who had been in a comatose state for a while, he looked exhausted. But, the quiet was broken by the sound of my vibrating phone. I answered the call quickly, reading the caller ID: Sashi Kaube. The bassist of Star Navy.

"Sunny, where the fuck are you?? Rehearsal is starting in five minutes!" they snapped at me, the sounds of the others tuning their instruments in the background.

"It is?"

"Duh!! Where are you, we're gonna play the song today!! You know, the song you wrote? The one you sing?"

"Oh crud, right. I'm visiting a friend in the hospital right now, but I'll head out now, ok? Practice another while waiting for me."

They groaned loudly, but ultimately agreed. "Fine. Get over here asap, ok?"

"Alri-"

They hung up the phone before I could finish my sentence. I turned over to Hero, who had snapped out of his trance and was staring at me. "Work?"

"Yeah, work. I'm so sorry, I've got to go. I promise I'll come back, ok? Then we can talk more about... whatever the hell this is."

"Ok. I'll see you around, Sunny."

With a weak wave, I dashed out of the door, giving the others a short explanation to the others before rushing to my car. As I drove down the road, I sang along to the radio in hopes of warming up whatever voice I had left.

When I arrived, the whole band was there. Silver, the drummer. Sashi, the bassist. Poppy, the lead guitarist. Kye, the keyboard player. And, finally, Charlie, the lead singer with the total of two personality traits: fluffy hair and a British accent.

"Finally! Thought you died again, dude!" Silver greeted, waving wildly.

"Sorry for being late."

"Sashi told us about your friend in the hospital. Are they ok?" Poppy asked, plucking a few strings and not looking up at me.

She pretended to care. None of them really did. I never knew anything about them other than their names. We were just forced to be in a group together in one of the world's blandest yet most successful industry plants. I didn't fit into their dynamic very well, yet I was one of the most loved, second only to Charlie. I guess they grouped me into the 'emo bad boy' archetype? Seriously. Fans think they know me, but they don't understand a thing.

"Yeah, he woke up from a coma today."

"Wow." The response was monotonous. "Anyway, enough of that, it's time to practice."

After hours upon hours upon hours of practising, my throat felt hoarse and my fingers were beginning to form more callouses.

"Alright, that should be good for now. Our last concert in Faraway is gonna be in two days, so you better not blow it. I'm gonna go sign some autographs," Sashi said, turning on their heels and walking away.

Once I got back to my dressing room, I opened up my phone and decided to scroll through the buckets of fan content. There were edits, fanart, song leaks, even some odd writings coupling me with the other members of the band. Sunver? Sunshi? Sunlie??? Heh. As if that'd ever happen. My eyelid was getting heavier and heavier as I scrolled. Charlie was live on Instagram on the other side of the door. I wouldn't be bothered for a while, so I decided to close my eye and sleep for a while.