10

"Megumi, why did you call (M/n) mommy?" Dad asks me. I grew nervous as I accidentally let that slip out. "Well...(M/n) is like a mommy to me...even though he is a man. His touch reminds me of back when mom was around. That's why I call him that." I told him half a lie. Dad was silent for a moment. "Is he alright with you calling him mommy?" He asks as he looks down at me. I nod at his question. "Okay, I was just curious. Go off to school before you're late." I nod and wave bye at him.

-----

I didn't like school very much because some kids would make fun of me for not having a mommy. Word got out in the school of my mom's death. Kids took advantage of that a bullied me for it.

"At least I have a mommy that takes care of me and loves me." One of the bullies told me. I didn't care if they bullied me about not having a mommy since I still have my dad. Though, it still made me mad just by them always telling me. "I do have a mommy. She's pretty, she's nice, she loves me, and she's a good fighter." I blurted out. "Yeah right. Bring her to mommy and student day. If she doesn't come that makes you a liar." They said. "I will." I cross my arms and walk away from them. As I got a few feet away from them, I began to panic. (M/n) has a mission tomorrow. Something about finding a finger...Aarrgghh! Why did I let them get on my nerves?! If I ask him, will he be able to come on time?

-----

"Mommy..." I tug his hand. He looks down at me. "Can we talk?" I ask. He nods and I take him to my room. We both sit on my bed and I fiddle with my fingers. "A-Are you able to come to Mommy and Student Day?... I let the bullies mess with me and I told them that you were my mommy. I know you have a mission, but can you please come?" I ask her. She pulls me into a hug. "I'll try my best." She whispers. I nod and close my eyes as we hug each other.

.....

I sat down at my desk and waited for (M/n) to come. Everyone else's moms came and we're interacting with each other. "Looks like Fushigiro doesn't have a mommy." The bullies snicker. I frown at them and look away. I look down and held the drawing I made for (M/n). I understand that he might not arrive here. "Megumi." I look up to see (M/n). She had no mask or no jujutsu uniform on. She wasn't ashamed of her scar or missing arm. She smiles at me and I smile back at her. "Mommy!" I ran to her and hug her legs. I felt small tears fall. "What about-" "Gojo is taking care of it." She tells me. I met Gojo before when I was walking home from school. He was weird, to say the least. I nod and grab her hand. "Oh, you must be Megumi-Kun's mother. How lovely to meet you." My teacher bows. Mommy bows in return and I take her to my desk. I hold the drawing towards her. I shyly look away. "I made this for you," I tell her. I look back at her to see her smiling widely. "I love it." She says. I smile and hug her. "I love you, mommy." "I love you too, my little gumi." She tickles me a little making me laugh. I hope mommy shows her face more. Dad will love her, even more, when he sees her. Mommy is pretty and her voice is calming.

I hold her hand as we began a good day.