Chapter 7: Somewhere in Between

2 down, 5 days until Owen is waking up from his 7 day sleeping spells due to my magical anesthesia gas to repair his 2 wounds.

Not that far from San Diego and my hometown of Greendale there was one county that not filled with assholes. New Zealand is an peaceful haven for an legendary old man named Alan Grant. Despite he still haunted by Jurassic Park Incident of 1993 and near-death by dinosaurs of Isla Sona because of The Kirby couple need his help to rescue their 13 year old son in summer 2001, Alan who is an fearless paleontologist, just like Owen who is an fearless raptor researcher and the navy combat veteran. He saw an New Zealand news show that should Owen is attacked by teenage obese assaulter and thankfully, she is arrested, thanks to scared sheepless by Blue the Raptor. "That spoiled yankee obese brat deserves it." Alan said. "An young 30something American navy combat veteran is injured but thankfully, he's gonna be ok." A newscaster said.

"That poor lad. I'm better go to American hospital in San Diego to visit." Alan said. He had to hitch an ride to California with his airplane, despite some pterodactyl is in his way. By Californian airplane hut, Alan landed the plane safely.

His former girlfriend/friend Ellie Sattler, an palobotanist now in her 50s saw the news about Owen is hurt by his female obese assaulter. "That fatty is needed to stay away from social media, turn off the TV and go back to School. "Mom, what's wrong?" Charlie Sattler, Ellie's son now in his 20s for his summer break in college says as he walks to the kitchen to get an apple and sparkling water. "An young man is hurt by an dumb woman who is fat and ugly and listening to bad goth music." Ellie replied. "Oh, man. Poor dude and I hate goth music because goth music sucks ass. That's why I listen to classical music, Elton John, 70s music, 80s pop and 60s rock songs." Charlie said. "I know that, hon." Ellie replied hastily as she pat on Charlie's back. Ellie grabbed her keys and decided to go to the hospital to visit. "Where are you going?" Charlie said. "Hospital to visit an young man. Oh, when dinner calls, you probably microwave last night's dinner." Ellie replied. "Ok, mom. See you later." Charlie said. "See ya." Ellie said.

Ellie arrived at the hospital with her car as she got out, she cannot believe her eyes because she is reunited with her old friend Alan and look who's dropped in before the duo arrives. Famous mathecian or chao-thecian Ian Malcolm who now in his late 50s to 60s. "Well, look at those 2. Early to the party?" Ian said. "Ian, hi." Ellie said as she waved her hand. "What the hell are you doing here?" Alan said. "I heard the news bulletin during jazz radio station about poor soul is attacked by that ugly fat punk. So I'm came to the hospital to visit." Ian replied as he butted Alan in. "Oh no, you don't. I saw news from New Zealand, so I'll go." Alan said. "Not on your life, dumbass paleontologist." Ian said. Alan and Ian are almost prepare to fight. The fight are nearly sent Ellie home. "Would you boys stop it or I'll going home." Ellie said. "Actually, you old coots can stay and argue. I'm heading in." Harvey Kinkle, Sabrina's then boyfriend/now husband said. "Not so fast, young man." Alan said as he grabbed Harvey's arm and brutally punch his eye and gives Harvey a black eye. "Ow! What the fuck, man." Harvey winced with pain. "Nice one, Grant." Ian said.

At the lunchroom hallways. "Lilly is right. Stress is taking a toll on me. Just because my short-lived spat with Nathan and I'm putting poor Owen to sleep until he awoke in 5 days. *sigh* shame on me." I sighed.

As I'm suffering depression all because of Owen's sleeping body in his hospital bed, I can hear loud arguments, 2 miles away. "What's going on?" Black receptionist Tanya Wells said. "Tanya, I can handle this. Dr. Wigby, bring me a bullhorn. That will shut those old people up." I said. Dr. Wigby got a bullhorn and on my way to the entrance to stop the brawl.

"Thank God. Young lady, could tell my guys and a rude young man to shut up?" Ellie said. "Madam, how about we do together to tell the boys to shut up?" I said. "I like it." Ellie said. I turned on the bullhorn, we took an deep breath and we loudest yell that send the neighborhood and small businesses to heard an racket. "QUIET!!!!!" Ellie and I said very loudly and the boys are now stopped the brawl. "Aw shut up, you jerkasses!" Rude neighbor yelled. "You go first, Ellie." I said. "Thank you, young lady. So now what the hell is this about? Fighting like high school hooligans." Ellie said angrily. "I'm got off the plane to met you for visit, Ian arrived before us and that American had budge in." Alan said, still hurt from brawl.  "Not true. I'm arrived before Grant and beautiful Ellie is." Ian said. Ellie rolled her eyes pulled out an 'As if' move. "And that idiots pushed us." Ian said, he pointed both Alan and Harvey. "Uh. No, we don't." Harvey said. "Yeah, right." Alan said. "Back off, you..." Ian said as I angrily yelled. "Cool it! All of you." I shouted angrily. "Look, everyone. Before the visitation hours is over. Why we should visit a young man's hospital room." Ellie said. "Good idea." Alan said. "After you, gentlemen." Ian said. "Thanks." Harvey said. "Well... Uh." Ellie said before she forgot my name. "Sally, call me Sally." I said. "Please to meet you Sally. I'm Ellie Sattler." Ellie said. Ellie and I shake our hand so everyone is now decide to visit Owen's hospital room.

I was speechless when I shake hands with palobotanist and one of Jurassic Park Incident 1993 survivors. Claire is in her home packed up her night gown and toiletries for the night. Owen's hospital room is filled with flowers, get well soon cards and teddy bears. Everyone's hearts are sunked peacefully when Owen is laying in the hospital bed, peacefully calm as he sleeps. "How come that dude is so  handsome as he was peacefully sleeping than me. I'm looked like an dead frog floating in the water while I was asleep." Harvey said. "Knock it off, Harvey." I sternly as I pushed Harvey a bit. "That remind me the Jurassic Park Incident of 1993 where I'm suffering an injury, thanks to an fucking dinosaur. But I'm fine now, despite old age but the secrets of keeping me young are keeping me young as well." Ian said. I saw Harvey's hurt eye and it was brutal. "Hey, Harvey. What happen to your eye?" I said, super curious about Harvey's black eye. "An old dude punch my eye. Jeez, I thought old men is weak but those 2 old dudes is stronger." Harvey said. His words is making Alan and Ian blushing with compliments. "Hey, Harvey. Sorry about that, young man. Punching an eye reminded me of myself getting drunk while punching my fellow soldier during the Vietnam War." Alan said. "It's ok, Mr. Grant." Harvey said. The men hugged it out. "Mushy stuff is so bland." Ian said. "Oh, Ian. Stop it with jealous." Ellie said. She pat Ian on his back. "One day, you and Alan will becomes best friends." Ellie said. Ellie's compliment words makes Ian smile. "Hey, guys. Visit hours is over and Claire is coming. Y'all need to vamoose" Lilly said. "Smart thinking. My wife and 2 kids, (they're visited on spring break) and they are worried about me." Ian said. "Ok. I hope my son didn't invited those college punks to trashes my home because he's an huge fan of classical, 80s pop and 60s music and punks hates 'old timing' music" Ellie said. "Yup." I said. "Absolutely." Harvey said. "My animals is worry about me. So, I'm have to go. Good timing for it." Alan said. "Oh, everyone. Visit hours is over but you need to come back when Owen is waking up from his 7 day coma. Right?" I said. "Right." Everyone said.