drummer

Entering Sock's room, Fetus gasps as she looks around.

"Wow!" she shouts, hopping on the bed. "This looks expensive."

She was right. There was a king-sized poster bed covered in white, silk sheets. There was a fur carpet right next to it, and a huge television in front of the bed. It was such a fancy room for such a modern house.

"I guess I am the most successful of this group," Sock chuckles, sitting on the bed.

A phone rings. She gets up and takes her phone from her pocket.

"Hello?" Sock calls out, moving a bit far. "Hi! Yeah....Tomorrow? That's great, we could do tomorrow! Uh, let me just check real quick....yeah it's fine. Oh, yeah, of course. Okay, that's fine..bye."

"Who was that?" I whisper, getting closer to her. She puts her phone down.

"The wedding planner," she states. "She said that tomorrow I can meet the band and try out some wedding cake flavors."

I clap my hands in excitement. "No way! We're nearly done with this planning then,"

"Yep! Ugh, I'm so excited."

"Can I try some cake tomorrow?" Fetus asks, sitting up.

"But why?"

♣♣♣

"Red velvet," the woman says, pointing at a cake who was nearly as red as her hair. "And that was it. Let me know which choice you like."

Sock rubbed her hands together, grabbing her fork. I could tell she was looking forward to eat all of the cake samples. Levi was calmly postured, taking his fork and bringing it to the first flavor.

"Sock," I start, interrupting her from taking a piece of vanilla cake.

"What?" she yells impatiently, tapping one of her feet.

"When is the band coming?"

She crosses her arms, "Seriously? You interrupt me from eating cake to ask about the band?"

"Well yeah, I'm kind of bored-"

"Not my problem," she sang, moving her attention towards the slice and taking a small portion with her fork. I sigh and get up, looking around for anything else to do. I couldn't just sit there and watch Sock and Levi try a bunch of cake.

I made my way to the stairs of the house, sitting on one of the steps. I take a breath of the fresh air outside and close my eyes. Finally. A peaceful moment.

"Kayleen?" a deep voice calls from behind me. I turn around to see Geoffrey, standing by the doorway. He steps down and sits next to me, looking at the sky.

"I'm sorry," he finally says, looking down at his shoes.

I rub his back. "It's fine, just don't worry about it too much,"

We were both having a moment, looking at the sky together in silence. I expected the silence to be interrupted (like always), but to my surprise it didn't. Time went by so fast, I didn't even know we were sitting there for hours.

I had my head on his shoulder when a yell causes me to get up.

"Hey!" Fetus yells from downstairs. "The band is here, we need to help unload a few stuff."

We both went downstairs to see a large, colorful van in front of the house. I start to scratch myself on the neck continuously, realizing a mosquito had bitten me. The sky was getting a bit more darker.