witnesses

QUICK NOTE: listen, i have absolutely NO idea what i was doing in this chapter. i know nothing about law so this chapter may be inaccurate. if you do happen to know anything about law, pls pls pls ignore the mistakes and just pretend it's professionally written. ok bye.

"Plaintiff's lawyer may call their first witness," the Judge calls out. Griffin Peterson, Alen's lawyer, calls him to the stand. They made him swear and say yes to something I barely listened to before he sat down.

The entire time I was trying to relax myself. I didn't listen to anything Alen said. He was probably talking about facts of what was going on before the fight broke off. I look around at the courtroom. Sock and Levi, who were right next to each other, had nervous expressions. They were holding each other's hands.

"I have no further questions," Mr. Peterson announces, causing me to start listening. My heart nearly leaps out of my body, realizing they were finally done.

"Would the defense like to ask any questions?" The Judge asks.

"Not at the moment, Your Honor," another man says, who was next to Justin. His handsome face was all beaten up and covered in bruises and bandages.

"You may call your next witness," the Judge says to Griffin.

My body starts to tremble even more, sweat making my entire body slippery and shiny. I look around. The other two witnesses, Fetus and her roommate Lance, seemed as nervous as I was. I prayed under my breath that I wouldn't be next.

"I call Kayleen Veronica de la Guadalupe Mierda Lopez to the stand," Alen's lawyer, Griffin Peterson, says, a confused expression on his face when he read my full name.

Everyone turns to me once I get up. I could have sworn everyone had heard my loud, quick breathing. I take a seat on the black chair, the coldness sending shivers through my spine.

A woman instructs me to stand and raise my right hand.

"Do you solemnly swear that the testimony you are about to give is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" she says, her voice being very harsh.

"I do," I say, my voice cracking.

"You may be seated," she says. I sit on the cold chair, my feet tapping from the nervousness.

"State your name," Alen's lawyer instructs.

"Kayleen Veronica de la Guadalupe Mierda Lopez," I respond, attempting to make eye contact with him.

"Where do you live?"

"Carmel Valley in San Diego."

"You came to New York City one month prior to the wedding, correct?"

"Objection," Justin's lawyer yells. "Irrelevant to the case."

"Sustained," the Judge responds.

"Is it true you were there to witness the physical fight start?" Peterson continues, turning his attention back to me.

"Yes, I was sitting in-between them," I respond. "Well, standing."

"What were you doing before the fight started?"

"I believe I was looking up games to play during the wedding."

"Was there anyone else?"

"Fetus was right next to me."

"That is all, Your Honor," he says.

"Would the defense like to ask any questions?" she says.

"No, Your Honor," the man says, looking at some papers in front of him.