𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

"the sound of the rain"

"Hey, dad," you said when your father pick up the phone.

"Hey princess" Your father answers groggily.

"I'm sorry did I wake you up?" You asked him since he sounded tired.

"It's fine, I need to go to work early today" He replied 

"How are you dad? don't tell me you're overworking yourself again. You have to take care of yourself now that mom and I are not there to take care of you" You said and you heard your father clear his throat on the other line, which makes you feel bad about what you just said.

 "Well I kinda miss this morning lecture" He jokingly said 

"Uhm dad, are you coming tonight? You ask him to divert the topic since it's too early to be emotional.

"Oh yeah I have to talk to you about that" He paused for a moment. 

"I can't, I have a big surgery tonight I want to go there but I can't move this surgery again. I am sorry princess" He said in a sweet voice.

"I'm fine dad, I understand," You said softly hiding the fact you're disappointed.

"I'm sorry princess, I promise, I will make it up to you" He apologized.

"Dad, I have to go, mom's calling me, love you, bye" You hang up the call immediately before your father can reply.

You flopped into your bed and looked over to your nightstand where you keep your family picture. You heard the door open and saw your mother standing by the door, you sit up and looked over her. 

"What did your father say?" She asked.

You just shake your head as a response and smile at her. you took your bag and hugged her.

"You should go ahead, I need to buy new lesson plans and some papers," Your mother said while preparing your bento.

"I can go with you" You insist.

"You will be late for your class if you come with me," Your mother said.

You kissed her goodbye and went out of the house you noticed that everyone in the town was busy and excited about the festival tonight. Group of teenagers chatting in the street, people buying colorful yukatas for the festival, vendors building their stalls, workers attaching the lanterns to the street post, and the smell of the street foods coming from the food stalls. Everything and everyone around you was bright and delightful however, something feels off it's like something is missing. 

While walking you saw a family taking a picture, you can't help but stop and watch them as they play around. That family somewhat reminds you of what your family used to be. Your family used to visit this town and spend the festival together with your aunt and cousins but it seems like this year's festival is going to be different. 

While you are busy watching the lovely family you didn't notice that Hinata was calling you multiple times now.

"Hey," She snapped her fingers at your face, snapping you from watching them. 

"Oh hey, what are you saying again?" You asked her. 

"I'm asking you if you want to go to school together?" Hinata said while you two linked hands.

"Why your boyfriend didn't come to fetch you," You said jokingly. 

"Whatever" she rolled her eyes at you.

You entered your room and everyone is so pumped up about the festival that they even brought their yukata with them to school, the others are even complaining about why didn't the school cancel the class today. 

The whole afternoon was so boring, two of your teacher didn't come to your class today and the rest just of your teachers just asked what is the class plans to do tonight. You just slept all afternoon since you don't have anything or anyone to talk to, luckily your teacher was very fine with it. 

The bell rang, you get up from your seat and went to the library to borrow some books since probably studying is the only thing you're going to do tonight. You took a few books, English history, and a medicine-related book.

"Not going out tonight?" The sweet-looking librarian asked you.

"You might want to consider being a psychic" You jokingly said.

The sweet old librarian laughed softly, you bid your goodbyes to her and went out. You saw the girls from your school forming a crowd at the exit you even saw the mean girls in your class. Since you're going home you have no choice but to go to the exit even though there are a lot of people there. Just like you thought it's a boy because you overheard the other girls talking, and now you're curious who's the boy they're all over with.

"I heard he's the president of the H.E club or something." 

"How can he look so manly and soft at the same time." 

You walk past the crowd and see Mitsuya in his uniform, standing by his motorcycle. You can't help but smile while admiring him. Your eyes met and he waved with a smile on his face.

"Y/n!" he shouted but you decided to ignore him and continue walking but then you felt someone's hand on your wrist. He pulled you making you look at him you heard the other girls squeals while the other girls rolled their eyes at you. 

Mitsuya noticed the tension between the two of you and let go of your wrist. You fixed your hair and cleared your throat.

"Do you need something," Dou said breaking the silence.

"I just wanna ask if you want to go to the festival tonight with me?" He said not looking into your eyes. you laughed when you noticed that his ears are turning red.

"Why are you laughing? did I say something funny?" He worriedly ask

"No, not at all" You replied.

"Are you coming tonight? He asked.

"I don't have a yukata" You replied to him but he went towards his motorcycle and took the paper bag and hand it to you. You just look at him while holding the bag.

"Open it," he said. you opened a bag and saw a lavender-colored yukata. 

"Are you selling me this?" you asked him.

"No, silly. it's yours but only if you'll go out with me". He chuckled.

"Well I like this yukata, it reminds me of your eyes." 

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯