Chapter 1

Hi! Enjoy the story and feel free to comment.
___________________________________________

【ONE】

   It was an afternoon, and Wu Zhi even clearly remembered the touch of the sun on his body at that time. The sky in the distance was gloomy and dark, but the sky above the school was blessed by the sun.

   It was an afternoon that was too quiet and peaceful.

   Then, despair came suddenly.

The classroom in front of him was full of noise. Several students rushed out of the classroom. They shout and scream and ran away hurriedly. At the door of the classroom, a few hands were stretched out. Wu Zhi was surprised to find that it was a group of people. At least 5 or 6 students were piled together at the door of the classroom. Squeeze out and everyone gets stuck in the door frame. The expressions of every student were distorted, their pupils shrunk, but their eyes opened almost protruding-that was an expression of extreme fear.

  What happened?

   Wu Zhi looked into the classroom subconsciously, so he saw hell-a catastrophe for all mankind.

   There is blood everywhere in the classroom, like a ridiculous impression painting. Several monsters are the authors of this painting. Wu Zhi's eyesight is good, so he can see the monsters clearly: they are wearing school uniforms, their bodies are rotten, the dark red dead flesh is like ooze, and they are constantly stretched and fallen by gravity. Finally, with a "slap", the soft and sticky meat sticks to the floor like this, flowing out a green-yellow translucent pus. Wu Zhi watched, a strong nausea surged up.

The monster wriggled slowly, like a mass of disgusting carrion moving towards the door of the classroom. The students squeezed in the door screamed desperately. The sound was like a sharp nail, and it penetrated mercilessly in the head. Wu Zhi woke up from his dream, and ran over quickly, trying to get the lead.

   He was grabbed by several hands as soon as he stretched out his arm. All the students were crying and screaming: "Help me! Help me!!!"

"You first let us! Let us! The students in the back step back first, let the people in front spread out some and then pass one by one——!" Wu Zhi's hand was so painful that he tried to squeeze it into a ball. The person pushed aside, leaving a seam for people to pass through.

   "Retreat, retreat, you fucking! You want Lao Tzu to retreat to the monster's mouth to be fucking for the dead ghost!" The person behind shouted and continued to push toward the door.

   "Fuck!" Wu Zhi was also angry, he was soaked by the rain of blood on his head as soon as he wanted to roar back. Wu Zhi opened his eyes wide, and in his line of sight, the last girl was scratched to pieces by the monster, and blood and brain plasma splashed together. The corpse with half of its head shook and pressed directly on the body of the classmate in front.

  ——How can people die so easily?

   At that moment, only this thought remained in Wu Zhi's mind, almost comically denying reality.

   The girl who was thrown over let out a piercing scream, her eyes turned white and she fainted. All the students went crazy, and they squeezed harder and harder to the door. After several screams, a boy was stepped on his feet, and the other students who were free all fled madly, lest they became the monsters food.

  "Lean on!"

   Wu Zhi was knocked to the ground by the escaping students, his wrist was almost twisted. Before he could complain, a rotting stench came up on him. Wu Zhi raised his head, and the whole person froze at that moment. The trembling eyes did not see the slowly approaching monsters, but the slowly rising female corpse. "She" tilted her half-missing head, and pustules were constantly growing on her original beautiful face. After the pustules burst, there was still rotten dead skin, and pus was spilled and splashed on the skin, triggering a new round of infection. Soon, there was no difference between the girl's body and those rotting monsters.

   Wu Zhi opened his mouth wide, but couldn't make any sound. He couldn't make any sound when he first knew that people were really scared, because there was air in his chest. The brain was blank, only some chaotic words buzzing in his head accompanied by tinnitus.

   Monsters, deaths, corpses, infections...zombies...!

   The intense fear paralyzed his thinking, Wu Zhi almost instinctively got up from the ground, trying to escape this nightmare-like scene. But someone grabbed the corner of his clothes, and Wu Zhi turned his head. The boy who had been trampled by his classmates supported his broken left foot and looked at him desperately.

  Help me--

   唧, 唧, 唧.

   This is the sound of the rotten flesh falling on the ground when the zombie moves, getting closer and louder. Wu Zhi mechanically raised his head, and numbly looked at the group of zombies close at hand. Recently, the tip of the zombie's finger was only four inches from the tip of his nose.

   "Don't throw...no--"

   The elongated sorrow was thrown behind my ears, becoming less and less audible.

   Wu Zhi buried his head and ran quickly. He ran vigorously, closed his senses, paralyzed his thoughts, didn't know where he was going, and when he was going, as if there was only the concept of "running" in the world.

   "...Wu Zhi!"

   Two people in the hallway slammed into each other, and both fell to the ground. Wu Zhi sat down on the ground, and the huge shock awakened him from the numb state that he didn't want to think about. Wu Zhi looked at the opposite boy in a daze. The man was looking for something on the ground with his head down. Generally, girls have fair skin. Wu Zhi knows that this is because they have not been exposed to sunlight for many years.

   "Ye... Qingling."

   Wu Zhi can't tell, he and Ye Qingling are ordinary classmates or close friends. He didn't know if it was some kind of fate. Wu Zhi and Ye Qingling were both in the same class from childhood, but because Ye Qingling had a heart disease and rarely went to school, the two naturally didn't know each other well.

   Ye Qingling found a pair of glasses on the ground and put it on. The black-rimmed glasses are a bit too big, covering most of his face, but the very delicate silhouette can still be seen.

   "Wu Zhi." Ye Qingling pushed his glasses and couldn't see if he frowned. "No running in the corridor."

   Speaking of this, Wu Zhi's deliberately forgotten memory immediately awakened, and he felt a feeling of vomiting. He didn't know whether it was the disgusting group of rotten and smelly monsters, or the disgusting himself.

   唧, 唧, 唧.

   A disgusting sound like a fat insect being crushed and spewing green juice came from the back. Wu Zhi could not say anything, but grabbed Ye Qingling and ran out. "Get out of here!"

   Ye Qingling seemed to be surprised, but did not struggle, and was obediently led by Wu Zhi to run out of the teaching building.

   On the road, Wu Zhi intermittently explained what had just happened to Ye Qingling. Ye Qingling listened quietly without questioning anything. After listening to Wu Zhi's description, Ye Qingling analyzed it very sensibly.

   "It can crush the skull, the power is equivalent to 20 times that of humans; it is contagious, and the mode of transmission is presumed to be direct contact." Ye Qingling's expression was incredibly calm, even when he actually saw a zombie on the road, he didn't move much. He stared at Wu Zhi, and his calm voice was strangely soothing. "They have a flaw: mobility."

   Under the influence of Ye Qingling, Wu Zhi also gradually calmed down. Ye Qingling's calm appearance even gave him the illusion that zombies are actually not a big deal. To be honest, the current Ye Qingling surprised Wu Zhi. He felt like the first time he met this classmate around him who had been with him for more than ten years. Ye Qingling, who often ran to the hospital, gave Wu Zhi the impression that he was pale and sick, like a fragile glass that would break at the touch of a touch.

   The two came to the school gate. Along the way, they ran into many students who had fled around. From the scattered words of the students exclamations, it is estimated that contagious zombies have also appeared in the dining hall, laboratory building, science and technology park, and dormitory, and many people have joined the zombie team.

   Wu Zhi and Ye Qingling walked into the security room. They had no idea where the security guard on duty had gone to, only half of the instant noodles remained on the table. Wu Zhi pressed the switch of the school gate and said to Ye Qingling: "I plan to go home and have a look first. How about you?"

   "I'm going to the police station." Ye Qingling replied plainly: "The best way to understand the situation there is."

   What about your house...? Wu Zhi opened his mouth, but still did not ask, he could only smile and said, "That happens to be the same way."

   Ye Qingling didn't speak, but took Wu Zhi's hand very carefully.