Chapter 16

【EIGHT】

   "Belem!"

   Belem turned around, and Daddy waved here in the distance.

"Big brother, Belem is leaving, thank you for the story of Big Brother, although Belem doesn't understand it." The girl blinked and reluctantly said: "When Belem grows up, the big brother will tell Belem again. I'll listen, Belem will understand then!"

  "good."

   "Goodbye, big brother."

   "Goodbye, Belem." Wu Zhi watched the little girl run away happily, half-folding his eyelashes and smiling, "I will say hello to Misha for you later."

Belen didn’t notice the weird words. She ran halfway and wanted to turn her head and wave goodbye to the big brother who was sitting in the wheelchair. Then she saw that a beautiful and delicate angel was standing next to the big brother. Very beautiful, the snow-white skin looks transparent in the sun! The girl was dumbfounded. She watched intently as the angel pushed her elder brother away. She was a little envious but thought uneasy that her eldest brother was going to be taken away by the angel and would never be seen again.

   "Belem?"

   Belem was picked up all of a sudden, and when he looked over with her swaying eyes, only a piece of sunlight was left there. The girl pouted, bought her head into Daddy's chest, and cried sadly. For some reason, she just couldn't stop feeling sad and crying helplessly.

  ***

   "Wu Zhi, very happy?"

Ye Qingling pushed Wu Zhi along the avenue. The kapok trees on both sides had seeded, and the seeds were wrapped in white velvet cotton wool. As the wind blew, cotton wool all over the sky flew up like a warm snow. .

   "En." Wu Zhi leaned back in the wheelchair lazily. He could no longer walk. To be precise, he would struggle to do any movement. No matter how fresh the body is, the brain that coordinates the nervous system is already weakened. Everyone has a constant number of nerve cells after differentiation. In other words, there will only be fewer and fewer nerve cells in the brain, and no new stem cells will differentiate into nerve cells. Therefore, Wu Zhi is only dying and struggling now. He sleeps in a daze for longer and longer, and his movements become more and more rigid. Even making an expression starts to feel laborious.

   So, he is just wearing a young skin, and the inside has long been decayed and festered. Wu Zhi thought carelessly, in the end, if even his brain was replaced, then he would really become a ship of Theseus. Ye Qingling also knew all this, so as time passed, that person became more and more crazy, fearful and vulnerable.

   Today, Ye Qingling took Wu Zhi to the United Doctors Organization. He went to search for information. After returning, he saw Wu Zhi and a little girl chatting happily. Ye Qingling stood in the shadow, almost crazy. He is so happy, how long has he not seen Wu Zhi sober? Every time Wu Zhi fell asleep, Ye Qingling's breath was choked. The longer Wu Zhi fell asleep, the longer Ye Qingling suffered. It wasn't until Wu Zhi opened his eyes that Ye Qingling seemed to be released, and then Wu Zhi fell into the next time. Repeated pain when sleeping. How scared he was, afraid that Wu Zhi would never open his eyes again, afraid that Wu Zhi would abandon him, he was dying of fear. Ye Qingling can only hold tightly to the body that was pieced together by his hands when Wu Zhi is asleep. Only in this way can he feel Wu Zhi's faint heartbeat and breathing all the time, can he breathe in the endless fear.

   "What did you talk about?" Ye Qingling induced Wu Zhi to speak. If that weren't the case, Wu Zhi, who was thinking more and more slowly, would always fall into dementia unstoppable when he was awake, staring blankly at a little bit of the void with his bewildered eyes.

   "I have talked a lot." Maybe it's the beginning of today. Wu Zhi's reaction was quick. He smiled triumphantly and slyly: "I made fun of the kid and told her a ghost story."

   That crazy, real, ghost story between the two of them. Sweet poison, soaked in blood, with cruelty in the name of love.

   "Ye Qingling...wow!"

   The wind whizzed by, bringing up cotton wool all over the sky. The fluffy cotton wool fell down, laying a layer of white wool on everything. In this dreamy scene, Wu Zhi looked at Ye Qingling, shaking his mouth, and laughing mercilessly.

   "Puff ha ha ha, you are like a bird man now, you have lost a lot of hair puff——"

   Ye Qingling didn't pay attention to Wu Zhi's ridicule. He carefully removed the cotton wool from Wu Zhi's face so as not to choke Wu Zhi inhalation. Wu Zhi smiled happily, and his tears were about to come out. The brilliant smile was like a blooming firework, blooming its most brilliant brilliance before it burned out. Ye Qingling pursed his lips slightly, he felt a subtle heartbeat, and an increasingly intense sense of anxiety hit him, making him at a loss. The fluffy cotton wool seemed to be his chaotic mood, faintly showing something.

   "...Ye Qingling," Wu Zhi, who had laughed enough, raised his head and looked at Ye Qingling, his clear black eyes clearly reflected Ye Qingling's shadow. "Do you remember our first date? It was on my 40th birthday."

  "Yep."

   "Remember my curse?"

  "……remember."

   "Then I can rest assured." Wu Zhi slumped in the wheelchair contentedly, his expression relaxed, his voice was extremely soft, so soft that he would hear nothing if he didn't listen carefully. "Ye Qingling, I can't bear you..."

For a moment, Ye Qingling felt suddenly strangled his breath by a word in the other party's words, flustered suffocation followed by restlessness, and the restlessness that had been deliberately ignored in the bottom of his heart was like liberating some imprisonment, and it was as fierce as breaking through. After being wary of the flood, he mercilessly drove him into an unforgettable situation.

   What does it mean, what does it mean... What exactly does Wu Zhi's words mean... I can see through it when I think about it, but timidly never dared to pierce that layer of paper.

   "Ye Qingling," Wu Zhi silently recites Ye Qingling's name, over and over again, seeming to have a lot of fun. "Ye Qingling, Ye Qingling, Ye Qingling, Ye Qingling..."

  Enough! Stop screaming, please stop screaming!

   When he realized it, Ye Qingling realized that he had hugged Wu Zhi tightly, shaking in fear.

He obviously likes Wu Zhi calling his name the most, and he likes watching Wu Zhi's tongue, half-hidden behind his teeth, spit out the last word of his name. Obviously... Wu Zhi is just calling him now. It's the name, but he was still terrified as if he was dying.

   "Ye Qingling, let me go."

  Do not want! I can't grasp it anymore...

   "Let me go, let me see you, okay?"

  ……do not want. See if it is good in the future, let you see if it is good enough in the future...

   "I want to kiss you, Ye Qingling." Wu Zhi's helpless voice seemed to be coaxing a child, he patted Ye Qingling's head stiffly. "We haven't kissed in a long time."

  ……

   Wu Zhi gave up and let Ye Qingling hugged him tightly. He looked at the Baixu flying in the air and felt very relaxed. It's been a long time since it's been so easy, just like the flying catkins in the sky, it will disperse when the wind blows. Wu Zhi laughed happily, briskly like a joke.

   "Ye Qingling, I'm going to finish, so let me see you and kiss you, okay?"

   "……"

   "Okay? Just as the last thing to satisfy a dying person—"

  "To shut up!"

   Every word, like a tooth that has been crushed, chewing on flesh and blood. For the first time, Ye Qingling roared at Wu Zhi like a dying beast. After the roar, the one who was frightened was the one who roared instead. Ye Qingling let go of Wu Zhi in horror, and looked at Wu Zhi at a loss, with fragility and fear in his eyes.

   "Wu Zhi!" Ye Qingling wanted to get closer, but he was so afraid that he would not dare to touch Wu Zhi any more, just as if he accidentally touched Wu Zhi, Wu Zhi would break and dissipate like glass. Wu Zhi had never seen Ye Qingling, who was fragile and desperate everywhere like now. There was no brilliance in that person's black eyes, and there was dead silence, like a dry pond. That kind of nervous helplessness and fearful gesture deeply hurt Wu Zhi. He had to press his heart to make his heartache less excessive.

   "Wu Zhi, my heart is uncomfortable? Let's go back and change one right away, we still have time..."

   "Ye..." Wu Zhi's voice was faint, and he was beginning to feel tired. It was more turbulent and dead tired than ever. "Qing Ling..."

   "I can still find other ways. I just found the information. Xu Fu once went to sea for medicine. I can use this aspect..."

   "Ye Qingling, I love you."

Ye Qingling stared at Wu Zhi blankly. Ye Qingling always said that he liked it. Wu Zhi’s character would not put these on his lips. He would only say awkwardly when he was pushed to the extreme by Ye Qingling. Sound like it. They have declared their love, but never said love. Ye Qingling does not speak of love, because he has read the interpretation of love in books: Love is selfless, communicates with each other, and can let go for the happiness of each other. How can it be? How could Ye Qingling, who is selfish, crazy, monopolistic, and faintly inferior, let go of Wu Zhi? ! Likes can be monopolized, likes can ignore the response of the other party, so it is like, just like, like the kind of like that is about to die.

   "Wu Zhi." Ye Qingling's voice trembled, and the expression on his face was extremely fragile. "Don't love me, just like me, OK..."

   So don't let Ye Qingling go, don't plan for Ye Qingling's future without Wu Zhi so selflessly, this is...too cruel to Ye Qingling.

   "Wu Zhi, please, let Wu Zhi and Ye Qingling be together forever..."

   "……"

   Why do you keep saying forever forever? Constantly saying that we must be together forever, in fact, I am afraid of the rush of time...

   "Wu Zhi..."

   "Wu..."

   Ye Qingling, what are you talking about...?

   Wu Zhi opened his eyes hard, he could only see a thin white figure and the white fragments flying all over the sky. Wu Zhi couldn't see Ye Qingling's appearance that he was about to collapse, he couldn't hear Ye Qingling's humble and weak pleading, his brain was already overwhelmed by his five senses. After lingering on the stump to this point, his story finally came to an end. Wu Zhi trembled, trying to say something but failed. But he was satisfied, Wu Zhi had already said the most important sentence, his most important thoughts to Ye Qingling.

   Ye Qingling... If you could not like Wu Zhi that much... How great...

   At least you won’t be so crazy...at least...not so sad when parting...you who like Wu Zhi like this...it’s so distressing...

   A drop of water slipped from the corner of the eye, not because of fear, but for separation. The corner of Wu Zhi's mouth finally outlines a smile, which is Ye Qingling's favorite smile. The halo in the eyes of the black-haired young man in the wheelchair gradually spread, leaving only a deadly blackness.

   So this is the ultimate.

   Before he had time to tell the person, since then, his birthday wish has only been one:
    If he knew the ending would be like this, he would rather Ye Qingling never like Wu Zhi, and hope that they will always be passers-by to each other.