Chapter 5

【TWO】

   Wu Zhi put his head on the glass and looked down at the empty street below.

   It's too quiet, this world.

   Even if the pop music played on the stereo is almost harsh, it still cannot conceal the unpopular loneliness. Wu Zhi sighed, grabbed the cane and book next to him, and stopped looking at this sad and empty city.

   Now that he has returned to reality, he has to live with his family's will. His right to seek death was deprived by Wu Yuan that day. Wu Zhi has always been a bit stubborn , no matter how desperate the world is, once the decision is made, then live with peace of mind. His current life is quite simple, and he can even say that he wants to do whatever he wants: no goals in life, no things to do, no college entrance examinations, no work, no need to worry about food, clothing, housing and transportation. The only thing Wu Zhi needs to do is to live in a daze and wait for his life to come to end.

   His current life is very good, he still has water and electricity and has not degraded to primitive society. Ye Qingling is a very good person to take care of everything. He found the food, and he got the water and electricity. In order to pass the time, Ye Qingling  he did not know where he find a rich variety of books and CDs-such Ye Qingling is simply like jingle cat, ask what you want.

   Wu Zhi thought indifferently, and pressed the elevator on the sixth floor. Yezhi Hotel is a standard five-star hotel with very luxurious facilities. In order to prevent the invasion of zombies, Ye Qingling destroyed the first four floors of Yezhi Hotel; the rooms on the remaining floors were used for various functions. Among them, the rooms on the first floor were almost filled with books that Ye Qingling brought back. Several floors were filled with food, and the terrifying weight made Wu Zhi compelled to include "that guy would bring all the food in the city" as one of his guesses.

   The hotel’s facilities are complete, even with a small cinema and swimming pool. Wu Zhi found it ironic, he enjoyed everything after losing everything. In the past, Wu Zhi never thought that he could sleep in a presidential suite a day without repetitions for a week; he could be drunk in a bar without hesitation, and never come home at night; he could sing loudly and unscrupulously in the KTV room until he lost his voice; he can play crazy in the game hall, he can wear the high-end clothing of the mall, and even eat chef-level meals - Ye Qingling seems to know everything. He can be a senior chef or a powerful technician. Even before that, he was a very good doctor. When Wu Zhi couldn't stop eating, Ye Qingling just picked out his glasses and chuckled, saying that this was just the first time he followed the recipe.

   The so-called genius is nothing like this, right? Wu Zhi has always been clear that Ye Qingling is very good. Ye Qingling, who has never appeared in the class a few times, will always have an unchanging 84 points for ten thousand years. It seems inconspicuous, but Wu Zhi remembers clearly that no matter how difficult the test paper changes, even if the average score in the class is above 90 or below 60, Ye Qingling's 84 points will always hang up so irrelevant. Mocking everyone. Because Ye Qingling rarely appeared in the class, and the exams he took were only a handful, but after accumulation from elementary school to high school, Wu Zhi finally noticed this anomaly. This was the first time Wu Zhi was interested by Ye Qingling. God is fair, and Ye Qingling paid for his incomplete body in exchange for an extraordinary mind. Ye Qingling is a genius, and Wu Zhi is deeply aware of this, so he never takes the initiative to provoke Ye Qingling. In his opinion, geniuses and lunatics are often only a thin line apart.

   Destiny is the most tricky existence. In the desperate apocalypse, there are only Wu Zhi and Ye Qingling left in the once invincible Yezhi City.

  Wu Zhi came to the sixth floor, which was used to store various books and CDs brought back by Ye Qingling. Wu Zhi limped open one of the doors and entered a sea of ​​books. Wu Zhi more than once doubted whether Ye Qingling had ransacked a library. He put the book back after reading with a cane, and then wandered aimlessly in the sea of ​​books.

   "Father" "Liar" "Reader And Leading Role" "Medical Sage"...

  What? Wu Zhi's eyes froze. He pulled out "Medical Sage",  he saw Ye Qingling reading this book a few days ago. Wu Zhi has no special thoughts, just pure curiosity. He has always felt that Ye Qingling and him are people in two worlds, their personalities are clearly inversely proportional but they get along so harmoniously and naturally, tacitly like brothers born from the same womb.

   Wu Zhi flipped through the "Medical Sage", and after a few glances, he decisively prevented the professional terms inside from destroying his brain cells. Wu Zhi once again confirmed that he and Ye Qingling are not in the same world. He scratched his hair, stuffed the "Medical Sage" back to its original place somewhat boringly, and then paused in the next moment.

   There is a row of books on each floor of the book shelf. Wu Zhi did not expect that there is a book hidden behind the "Medical Sage". It was a black leather notebook, and Wu Zhi pulled it out. The first page that was opened had Ye Qingling's name rightly written on it, and two words above the name were enlarged: Diary.

   Wu Zhi's hands trembled, and he looked up with a guilty conscience.

   Ye Qingling is not here today. After a period of time, Ye Qingling will always go out and bring back new supplies. Ye Qingling told him that only them were left in Yezhi City, and the corners of the city were full of zombies of all kinds. The road leading to the outer city has been destroyed, and there may be other survivors outside, but they are completely unable to rush to the outer world through the layers of zombies. They can only be trapped in Yezhi City and decay together with Yezhi City.

   Wu Zhi also thought about going outside, even if he just stepped on the street below. But just thinking about it, Wu Zhi silently looked at his mutilated left leg, not knowing what expression to show. Let's not talk about whether he can escape the ambush of the zombies. First of all, he doesn't even have the ability to leave this hotel. The fourth floor of the hotel was destroyed by Ye Qingling, not only trapped the zombies below, but the people inside were also tied to the hotel. Getting in and out of the hotel can only rely on climbing, not to mention the current Wu Zhi, even in his peak state, he may not be able to climb the fourth floor with his wrist. But Ye Qingling was able to do all of this, and that person's body after the mutation was not only more and more beautiful, but also stronger.

   Damn, he is like a lettuce girl(Rapunzel) living on a tower, waiting for the prince to come and let go of his long hair. Every time Wu Zhi thinks of this, he feels irritable. The only difference is that Miss Lettuce is trapped on the tower by a witch, and he is trapped by a group of zombies.

   Wu Zhi looked around, not surprisingly he didn't see Ye Qingling's figure. Now that Ye Qingling is not there, the allure of the black leather notebook in his hand has been magnified countless times. Wu Zhi stared at the diary in his hand. The black cover revealed a solemn mystery, which exacerbated the indescribable temptation. Everyone has a desire for voyeurism, especially the privacy of others. Wu Zhi's heart seemed to be scratched by a cat's paw, but that was Ye Qingling, that Ye Qingling...

   Gritting his teeth, Wu Zhi tremblingly opened Ye Qingling's diary.