Hill House Buttling

The well dressed man drove in a dark. He rook a left turn from the main road, and found himself going up a long, twisted path up a hill. On top, sits a rather large and foreboding manor, cast in shadow by the upcoming storm. the only lights are illuminated from the inside, and the few lightning crashes from the nearby storm cloud. 

He enters the gates and parked his car, got out and began walking to the front door. before he could reach the handle, 2 vicious and hungry guard dogs tries to bite and attack his arms. before any damage was done to his suit, he threw two big beef bones their way, distracting them as he unlocks the door. 

As he was about to step inside, he can't shake a certain foul stench. He heard a 'splat', and checked under his shoes.

His worst fears are confirmed, for his once clean shoes had indeed stepped on dog poo. 

He looked bitterly at the dogs, knowing full well they were the guilty party behind it. And yet, he had only received innocent looks, and was ignored instead, for the dogs continued to gnaw on their new bones. 

He walks into the manor, and cleanse his shoes of any feces from the encounter

He walks into the manor, and cleanse his shoes of any feces from the encounter. Satisfied, he walked down the rather large hallway, his steps echoing everywhere he goes. He was walking towards the library when he heard some spunky music coming from inside. Wanting things to run smoothly, he opens the door, and checks inside.

'Shake rattle and roll! You gotta shake, rattle and roll!'

The Maid was happily dancing and bopping to the music, she was doing so while cleaning some champagne glasses. Her poofy skirt sways with her hips, and her head bops to the beat, she seemed to be in her own little world. 

She had her blonde hair tied up in a sort of messy bun, the maid's white headpiece, with it's tiny bow centre piece,  sitting on top of her head

She had her blonde hair tied up in a sort of messy bun, the maid's white headpiece, with it's tiny bow centre piece,  sitting on top of her head. Yvette was her name, and she was quite the hardworking maid, although, slightly cowardly. There are a few times where he had to accompany her to the attic, for she hated its lack of lighting and its overall untidiness. 

Her maid outfit was more unique than most maid dresses. It had a sweetheart neckline that was lined with lace, and tight long sleeves. On her poofy skirt lies a half-apron, tied in the back with a tight bow. it was a cute outfit overall, and she pairs it with black heels and a choker. 

(Although, he preferred his butler suit more)

He hates to cut her moment short, but they needed to get a move on. And so, he turns off the record player as the maid turns to him, slightly spooked by the sudden lack of happy music.

"Is everything ready?"

"Oi monsieur." She spoke with her heavy French accent.

"Good, you have your instructions?"

The maid nods, signalling that he may go check on everything else. But as he leaves, she swore she smells something, and checks under her shoes.

He turns back, and closes the door behind him, doing well to remind himself of his manners. He walked in a fast pace towards the kitchen, passing the dining room and the study. In the kitchen stood a lone lady. She was quite hefty in size and is currently sharpening some knives, while apparently watching the TV. 

Her name is Mrs. Ho, short and simple, almost like herself. She is a woman of few words, yet they are all straight to the point. The cook's outfit was quite different from the rest, for she wore blue instead of black. Her apron is much longer than Yvette's, much more appropriate for her arguably messy job. Her hair was short, and currently covered using a white cloth, to keep away her hair from the food she prepares.

 Her hair was short, and currently covered using a white cloth, to keep away her hair from the food she prepares

He was asking on her progress for tonight's dinner, when his face was met with a knife. It was only inches apart.

"Dinner will be ready at seven-thirty"

And on queue, the doorbell rang. He left the cook to do as she need, and heads back to the front door. The dogs were barking madly, for the guest is definitely new to the promises. He straightens his blazer, slicked his brown hair, and prepares to open the door. 

The guests had arrive.