Chapter 2

Derek woke up from his slumber on the couch to the feeling of wiggling in his arms. Looking down, blinking at the sleepiness in his eyes, he saw Lila cuddled in his chest, shifting around and looking at him with big bright eyes.

"Pup what are you doing?" He smiled at her. Lila grinned back and settled on his shoulder.

"I didn't mean t-to wake you Dewek! I woke up and everywone was gone!" She exclaimed, her eyes twinkling. Derek faked a gasp.

"Everyone was gone?!" Lila nodded furiously making Derek chuckle. "Then lets go find Uncle Peter yeah?" He got up from the couch and picked Lila up, placing her on his hip and walked up the spiral staircase to his uncles room. Peter was fast asleep. Derek placed Lila on the bed and smiled as she crawled to the older wolf, poking his cheek to wake him up. Peter suddenly grabbed her hands lightly making her squeal in delight of the new game. Peter opened one eye and looked at Lila.

"Morning Delilah." Lila snorted at her name and uttered good morning back before Derek took her again, placing her on his hip, and headed to the kitchen. Nothing in their was probably good for a child, besides nothing was probably in their or it is all stale. Derek could smell the stench and wrinkled his nose making Lila giggle and poke it. Derek smiled and grabbed his leather jacket.

"Peter, we are going to get breakfast, do you want any?" Derek yelled. He usually didn't do that, always made the former Alpha get things himself but he was in a good mood and decided ehhh why not? Peter walked downstairs and joined them.

"I'll just tag along." Derek nodded and carried Lila to the garage part of his loft with Peter behind him making the little girl giggle. He was making really weird faces. Derek put Lila in the backseat of the car and buckled her in safely and then himself in the drivers seat with Peter complaining in the passenger seat about how he never gets to drive and Derek just huffed out his answer.

"You were brought back from the dead and you think im going to trust you with my car after you tried to kill me? Stiles is rubbing off on you." 

They arrived at a Mac Donalds that was close by and Peter quickly grabbed Lila before Derek could. Walking inside they waited inline and Derek finally got Lila out of Peter's grip with a triumphant smirk. Derek walked up to the register and hummed as Peter tapped his foot, reading the menu.

"Hi, Welcome to Mac Donalds, what can i get you?" A blonde girl asked giving them a smile, though it was mostly toward Lila.

"Hi Sweetheart, i would like a black cup of coffee and a biscuit. Thanks love." Peter winked and the girl snorted. 

"OK and for you sir?" Derek pondered for a moment and glanced at Lila before back up at the menu.

"Uh I'll have the same thing as him and for her...what do you want Li?(Pronounced Lie)" Lila tapped her chin three times before saying, "Apples!" The register lady smiled and nodded giving the price and calling next in line. Derek went to chose a table with Lila while Peter grabbed the stuff. Once he sat down, he pulled the small girl onto his lap and she giggled, playing with his facial hair.

"Rough." Lila giggled and Derek had the urge to kiss the top of her head...like a parent would to their child. Derek fought against the urge and decided to just stroke it. He noticed some people watching them and couldn't help but smile at what they were saying.

"It is so adorable! That guy with the kid!"

"I know right! He looks so tough and badass but a gentle sweetheart to her!"

"He's a good dad."

The last one made him blink. A good dad? But he wasn't her dad. He just found her and was going to find her mother. Peter walked down with the food and Lila dug into the apples, happily chewing. Derek smiled fondly at her before adjusting her more and he also began to eat the greasy food. Once they were done and full, Derek took Peter and Lila to the Sheriffs office. The front lady narrowed her eyes at the sight of them. Lila was walking behind Derek, holding hands with Peter.

"We need to talk to the Sheriff." 

"He's talking to His son." She muttered.

"Its really important." Derek stressed when Lila came bounding out form behind Derek, hugging his leg and smiling a toothy smile.

"Dewek up up up!" Derek smiled and played stern.

"What are the magic words?"

"Pwease?" Lila asked innocently and Derek laughed, picking her up off the ground and swinging her to his hip. 

"That's right, good job Li." Derek praised and turned back to the lady who was watching in awe. she stood up from her seat and walked to the back room. Next thing you know, Sheriff Stilinski, Stiles and Scott walked into the room and blinked at Lila who tilted her head and suddenly reached for Stiles. Stiles blinked before cautiously walking forward and held the small girl. She ran a hand over his face and giggled softly.

"I like you." She smiled before wiggling down and running to Peter who easily picked her up and held her, them whispering softly to one another.

"W-Who is that?" Stiles asked. She was ADORABLE!!!!!! 

"This is Delilah but pleeeease call her Lila." Peter said dramatically making Lila laugh and smile at them.

"I found her in the woods yesterday and she needed a place to stay and she's just a little girl, she said her mother left her but i wanted to see if maybe you knew anything." Derek said with a glance to the little one.

"I'll see what i can do. Come to the back." Sheriff Stilinski uttered and walked to his office with the others following behind. Lila let go of Peter and sat on one of the couches in the room playing with the hem of her shirt. 

"Peter, remind me that we have to go clothes shopping for her." Derek said and the older man nodded. Scott sat next to Lila and gave her a small smile which she returned brightly.

"I'm Scott." He announced. Lila giggled and nodded.

"Hi Scottie!" Scott raised an eyebrow at her but chuckled.

"Shes a cutie." He complemented before turning back to Lila. Derek moved and sat behind Lila and she leaned back into him with her childish gleam. "She is."

"Lila, how old are you?" The sheriff asked suddenly.

She held up four fingers. "Fohur." Sheriff Stilinski sighed and looked back on the computer.

"Lila do you know what your mom looks like?" Lila nodded bouncing up and down. "Is this her?" The sheriff showed a picture of a women with long black hair and Blue eyes. Lila nodded. "Mommy!!!"

The sheriff sighed again and Derek stood with a frown, same as Scott and Stiles.

"She's gone isn't she..." Derek said, anger tinting his voice.

"Yeah. She drowned in a creek in the forest." The sheriff mumbled, looking at Lila.

"That's where i found Lila." Derek commented.

"She is going to have to go into foster care or adoption." Mr Sitlinski sighed.

"No." Derek growled. They looked at him in shock. "I'll take care of her. I can see shes grown on all of you. If she is put in foster care then we may as well say goodbye. We wont see her again."

"And you think your qualified to raise a kid Hale?" The sheriff asked. Derek nodded.

"I'm not letting her go. I'll adopt her." Peter grinned at his nephews words and picked Lila up and held her in the air making her let out girlish screams. 

"Ok then. I'll give you the papers."

A/N: Tada!!! Alittle bit longer and i just updated twice now so ha! I'm sorry i have no school today and I'm bored...though i should update my mates book i think Derek and a baby is cute...Anyway tell me what you think!! ;)