Chapter 10

The pack decided, well Stiles decided, that they weren't getting enough food and sleep even though Lilah seemed alright at the moment. They were still watching over the younger girl to see if any changes happened. Finally, Stiles convinced *cough dragged against his will cough* Derek to leave and get some much needed rest. When Derek entered his loft he blinked in surprise as he saw Jennifer Blake, the high schools English teacher, there staring at him worriedly.

"Derek? Oh, thank God your ok!" She smiled. "You weren't answering my calls. I got worried." Derek paused, just staring at her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well it's just, that night..." she trailed off hoping he caught her drift which he did but  didn't respond the way she wanted.

"It was just a night." He huffed. He couldn't deal with her. Delilah needed his full 1-on-1 attention. He didn't have time for what seemed to be a teenage crush.

"But-"

"Look, that night was just one night. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't have time for women. My daughter needs me." Derek explained, accidentally telling her about the little sick girl in the hospital bed.

"Daughter?" Jennifer asked. She didn't know Derek had a daughter. Maybe she could use this to her advantage.
"Derek, she will need a mother figure."

"We have Melissa for that."

"Scott's mother? Really Derek? How long do you think that'll last?" Jennifer laughed humorlessly. Derek growled softly under his breath.

"Melissa is taking care of my daughter right now. I would like you to kindly find your way out."

Jennifer made her way to the door before pausing with an irritating smirk on her face. "Derek, if your daughter needs you then why are you here?" And with that she left.

XXX

Jennifer felt a plan start to form in her brain. She needed Derek or Scott and both of there vantage points were out in the open. Delilah looked up as she saw a figure enter her room. Delilah was coloring In a coloring book Stiles bought for her.

"Hi." She whispered. It wasn't someone she knew and felt a small shiver as the lady smiled.

"Hello Delilah. Sweet nightmares." Delilah looked confused when an ugly face appeared from where Jennifer was and placed its cold hand over her eyes. Delilah saw darkness and felt cold when sudden pain erupted through her body causing her to scream. She saw shadows moving as the pain increased and saw what she feared most. Losing everything.

XXX

Melissa jumped as one of the wards distress alarms went off and quickly paled as she recognized Delilah's room number. Dashing as fast as she could to the younger girls room she halted as her door slammed open an shut. Walking in Melissa rushed to the bed where the small girl seemed to be seizing.  But that wasn't what scared Melissa. It was the fact that a heavy Black liquid was spreading all over he bed sheets and she seemed to be coughing it all up. Another nurse entered and jumped in shock.

"Call Derek! Call Mr.Hale right now!" Melissa shouted as she tried her best to stop the seizure.

XXX

Derek ran into the hospital nearly knocking down every nurse in his way. When he made it to Lilah's room his breath stopped as he saw the black liquid dipping into the floor.

"What happened?!" He asked Melissa as he helped her try to clean the mess. Lilah's was pale and shaking. Her body was cold to the touch and her breathing was off. Suddenly Lilah jerked from the bed, over the side, and puked up another runny set. Derek furrowed his brow in confusion. It was different then any other black liquid. It had white specks in it.

"Mistletoe." Derek turned to a confused Melissa. "She was poisoned."

"Who would want to poison Delilah?"

"I don't know..." Derek took out his phone and called Scott. It rung a few times before answering.

"Hello?"

"Scott, something happened."

"What? What's wrong?"

"Lilah's been poisoned."

"How?!"

"How am I supposed to know?" Derek snapped angrily.

"Look, we'll be there soon. I promise." And he hung up. Derek sighed and looked at his daughter. Why is all this happening to her? She doesn't deserve it.

A/N: HEEEEEEY IM SOOO SORRY IM LATEZ!!! THE SONG PERFECT BY SIMPLE PLAN IS FOR SCOTTIE AND HIS DAD. SO HERE IS THE CHAPTER AND BYEEEEE!