Die for you

What do you think might happen?

Diego P.O.V

One day I was spending time with Shira outside. Shira was close to have our children. Shira was laying on me smiling.

Shira spoke, "Can't wait for our family."

I spoke, "Same. I'll be there no matter what."

"Aww. I love you Diego."

"I love you too Shira."

Then I saw the sky was getting dark and the wind started to blow then thunder.

I spoke, "We should get going."

"Yeah."

Then we heard howls. It was bad sign. I quickly took Shira to get out. I started to look at every direction. I saw red eyes of the wolves.

Then I was tackled by several wolves being separated from Shira.

I wanted to fight but I felt fear like a fear of long time ago. Shira was on the ground.

I yelled, "Shira!"

The alpha was coming at my mate to kill her. I couldn't move of fear. I couldn't protect her even if I give my life.

I yelled, "No!"

Diego reality

I woke up in the cave. It was a nightmare. Shira was asleep on me. I felt the cubs kicking Shira's stomach. I placed my paw on her large stomach and started rubbing it.

I spoke quietly, "Don't worry my cubs. You will be okay. I'll protect your mom."

Then I felt kicks on my paw. Like they were happy to hear comforting words. I felt sense something is going to happen.

I placed my head above Shira's. Shira started to purr. It felt it would be last sleep with my mate.

The next morning I been on watch on Shira.

Shira spoke, "Hey Diego let take a walk."

"You sure? You are carrying my cubs. Plus it almost time in few weeks."

Shira spoke, "Last time."

"Okay."

I took Shira for a walk. Shira was happy to spend time outside together.

She spoke, "Can't wait for our cubs to be born."

"Same thing. You will be a good mother to them."

My voice die down like it was last sweet words to her.

Then we began walking between two small hills. I felt the urge to run. Then we saw a log coming at us.

My instincts took over. I pushed Shira out of the way so she won't get hit. I got hit by the log it was painful.

Shira spoke, "Diego! Are you okay?"

I looked at Shira having trouble get out.

Shira spoke, "Let me help you."

Then we saw wolves on the two hills.

I spoke, "Run Shira! Get out of here!"

Shira spoke, "I'm not leaving you!"

"Just run! I don't want my mate and my cubs get hurt! Run!"

Shira to run away. The wolves wasn't going for me instead my mate and they started chasing her.

I was there helplessly. Like I was going to lose my precious just like my mother. My past self returned the anger and hate and revenge. My instincts also took over. I won't let it happen again!

I began to get out and started chasing them. I finally reached to them. I saw Shira was cornered by a wall.l near to a cliff.

I immediately jumped in front of Shira

Shira spoke, "Diego you came!"

I spoke, "Don't worry I won't let it happen. Even I have to die for you."

Then pounced on the them. I started to fight ferociously. I was gaining on them then I was getting overpowered by them.

They bite my legs and my throat. I started to feel painful bites. My goal to kill them all or I die with them.

I launch wolves to the cliffs. I started to bleed badly. I was knocking them one by one. Then one wolf pounced on me by behind which caused us to flee to the cliff.

The wolf fell off and I was hanging on the cliff. I saw the alpha in front of me. He smiled that he will kill Shira.

He turned around and started walking towards Shira. Shira was in pain of the cramps.

I spoke, "No!"

I grabbed the wolf's leg and I started to bring him down. Eventually I fell holding him falling with me.

I knew it was the end for me. I was able to live with my saber even though it was short time. Then I hit to the ground and black out.