Unrequited Love.... Or Maybe Not❤️

Mew's P.O.V

It's been 5 years since Mew fell in love with a random boy he met at his freshman year. A random boy who later became his bestfriend. Mew was sitting at a coffee shop thinking back to their first meeting. It had been a long day for Mew. It was still his first week in college and he was already hating it here. He did makes some friends from his lectures but they had extremely different interests than Mew. So often Mew was left alone after lectures as his friends went to hit the local pub or the night club near college. 

Today was no exception. Mew was too bored to go back to his dorm so he decided to walk around the college for a bit. Somehow his feet ended up leading him towards the football field. He saw some boys playing at the far end of the field. Without giving his actions much thought he let his feet lead him into the field. He was around 10 steps into the field when a ball came and knocked on him dropping him down.

"Oh fuck" he heard someone cursing nearby.

Mew kept his eyes closed to gain some control over the dizziness that he was feeling. He felt someone kneeling beside him.

"Urghhh Hi! Are you okay?" The voice belonged to the person beside him. The voice was smoky and Mew wondered of the owner of the voice was as sexy as the voice.

"Yeah" Mew replied his eyes closed. Mew didn't have any injuries and the only pain he felt was in his head. He felt dizzy from the fall and from hitting his head on the ground. He was mad at the person who kicked the ball even though he knew that he shouldn't have been wandering around the football field in the first place.

"Are you injured? Should we go to the hospital?"Mew was getting annoyed with this guy who kept ranting near his ear like a mosquito but with an attractive voice unlike the mosquito. Mew decided to stay silent hoping that the guy would take the hint and walk away.

"Ohh you seem to be in a lot of pain. I'm such a clumsy asshole. I should've been more careful." There was an edge of sadness in the latters voice and Mew felt sorry for him listening to his nervous voice."Let me get some help and I'll take you to the hospital to get you treated" The boy tried to get up but Mew held his wrist to stop him.

"I'm okay. We don't need to go to the hospital" Mew replied in his bass voice.

"But you're in pain and that's because I was careless so I need to make sure that you're really okay" The latter seemed to be somewhat panicked.

"I said that I'm okay" Mew used a stiffer voice this time. The latter remained silent and that worried Mew so he opened his eyes. He heard a inaudible sob coming from the latter. With a bit of difficulty Mew managed to sit up. 

Now that he was up he had a clearer view of the boy who caused this accident. It wasn't completely dark outside yet so Mew got a chance to check the boy out. The boy was southern. Mew had no doubts about that. Mew guessed that the boy's skin was tan but couldn't really be sure since most of his body was covered with his uniform. Full uniform meant that he was a fresher like Mew. His body was thin with a waist that gave Mew a hard time tearing his eyes off it. Mew moved his eyes to the boys face. He looked handsome overall. His eyes were glistening with tears at the corners. His plump lips were now shaped as a pout.

That was it. Just one look and Mew knew that he had fallen hard. His heart was running a marathon in his chest and he had a hard time acting calm in front of the boy. Mew had swept the tears from the guys face and had convinced him that he was okay after many attempts. The boy suggested to treat Mew to dinner as an apology for his careless actions. Mew felt that the boy was just as curious to get to know him better but decided to not dwell on that thought. 

Later Mew got to know that the boy had been through a tough day and thus he had kicked the football to get rid of his anger and frustration and had been mindless about the people around. They talked more over dinner and it turned out that the guy was a loner like Mew,They shared some common interests and got along pretty well. Before Mew knew it here he was waiting for the latter at college to grab a meal together or constantly checking up if the latter was fine. Within a few weeks they had become the best of friends and they had remained bestfriends till now. 

As muchas Mew wanted them to be more than just friends he knew that it would be impossible. Over the past years Mew had a hard time covering his feelings for the latter. Mew didn't want to ruin their friendship and he wasn't willing to take any chances either. So all these years he kept his feelings locked up when he was with the latter. Mew was brought back to reality when a hand rested on his shoulder.

"Gulf" Mew replied without looking back.

"Hey Mr.PHD Brain! How long have you been here?"Gulf was his Happy pill. Whenever this guy comes around Mew was the the happiest person on earth.

"Not long" Mew replied leaning his head on Gulf's hand that was still on his shoulder.

"Why didn't you just call me?" 'La Cafeto' was the cafe that Gulf worked in.

"Didn't wanna disturb" Mew replied casually. Gulf was still on his shift so he had to get back to work soon.

"I'll stay here until you're done with the shift" Mew knew that Gulf hated leaving him alone when they were together. Especially since they hadn't got any chances to meet due to Mew's busy schedule."I'm a big boy. I can handle myself" Mew tried to assure Gulf. 

Mew had been busy with a new project at his architecture firm the past few weeks. He had barely gone out of his office if not for going home to get a few hours of sleep and a fresh bath occasionally. Meanwhile Gulf had already been sleeping in his own condo when Mew returned home late at night so they didn't get to meet. But they had occasionally called each other to check if the other was doing fine and eating on time.

"Okay" Gulf sighed in defeat. "Hang around a bit and I'll come to go back home with you" Gulf said in a soft tone.

"To my house?" Mew asked hoping to get a happy response. Gulf never took the initiative in inviting himself to Mew's house and this was new. 'Home' hearing that word from Gulf's mouth filled Mew's heart.

"Yeah. Thought that you could use a home-cooked meal after all those takeouts the past few days" Gulf replied not looking at Mew. The mentioned of food went straight to Mew's tummy and it danced with delight.

"Sometimes you act like my wife rather than my bestfriend Gulf" Mew Smiled to himself. "Maybe you should consider making me your wife for real then" leaving a stunned Mew behind, Gulf went to finish off his work for the day.

THE END