4.

"Kya hua?" Shiva asked in a whisper.

His voice broke her out of her reverie. She moved away from him and looked at everyone staring at them. She pulled her hair back and tucked the strands behind her ears. Shiva gently touched her arm to get her attention. Raavi wanted to tell him everything that was troubling her but she decided against it. She couldn't tell him but having him here with her, felt wonderful. She didn't feel alone anymore.

"Tu chal mere saath." Raavi dragged him to her room.

She closed the door and looked at Shiva. There was concern in his eyes which warmed her heart. She wrapped her arms around his stomach once again. Shiva patted her back. His other hand was on the top of her head.

"Tu thik hai? Kya hua tujhe?" Shiva asked.

"Tujhe kaise pata mujhe kuch hua hai?" Raavi asked.

"Har ghante mujhe phone ya text karne wali ladki ka agar koi message na aaye toh obviously koi problem hai. Pari ko call kiya tha. Usne kaha tune apne aap ko room mein bandh kar liya."
So it was Pari who called him here. Raavi moved away from him and sat on the bed cross-legged. She was confused because she didn't want to tell Shiva about her broken heart yet she wanted him to be with her.

"Kya hua bolegi bhi?"

"Kuch nahi Shiva. Bas sarr bohot dukh raha hai." Raavi lied. 

Raavi knew Shiva didn't buy her excuse. He didn't look convinced. Yet he didn't say anything. He merely sat beside her.

"Kuch bhi hua ho, tu mujhe bata sakti hai. Kisine kuch kaha tujhse?" Shiva asked.

"Kuch kaha ho toh kya karega?" Raavi asked.

"Jaan le lunga uski. Tujhe tang karne ka haq sirf mera hai." 

Raavi smiled. Hearing him say that made her feel comfortable and safe. Who knew her number one enemy would come to comfort her when she was feeling down? She always knew in her heart that their relationship was deeper than that, and today she got her proof. She took his hand and hugged it tightly.

"Shiva mujhe kuch nahi hua. Par tu please yahi reh. Kahi mat jaa."

Raavi said it so sweetly that Shiva couldn't help but nod. Raavi smiled and laid down holding his hand. With Shiva she didn't feel as heartbroken as she was feeling just a while ago. Crying for such a long time she was tired already. Slowly she drifted off to sleep.

***

When Raavi opened her eyes, it was morning already. She was still holding Shiva's hand. Following it, she found the body attached to it sleeping awkwardly in a sitting position. Raavi kind of felt bad. She got up and pulled him into a sleeping position. But she crashed on top of him, waking him up. He held her by her waist to steady her even in his half-asleep state.

"Yeh subah subah mere upar kyu char rahi hai?" Shiva asked.

Raavi gasped at his statement. Who talked that way? She peeled herself away from him and glared at him. He just chuckled and got up from the bed. Raavi realised she had cried the entire night so her face must be all swollen and her mascara must have been spoiled. Shiva shouldn't have seen her in this state. She quickly ran to the washroom to freshen up.

When Raavi came out, Shiva had once again fallen asleep. She sprinkled some water on his face to rouse him from his sleep. He woke up cursing her loudly. Raavi pulled him up with all her might and pushed him in the bathroom with all her might. After having their breakfast, she would go back to Somnath with him. She didn't want to stay here a minute longer.

As soon as Shiva was ready, they went outside for breakfast. The people there were staring at them with shock on their faces. Raavi and Shiva didn't realise that everyone was shocked because they spent the night in one room.

"Good morning." Raavi greeted them.

"Good morning."

"Shiva, tune bhabhi ko nahi bataya tu aa raha hai. Woh kitna pareshaan ho gayi thi. Upar se tera phone bhi bandh tha." Dev said.

"Oh main bhul gaya." Shiva said. "Mere phone ki battery dead ho gayi hai. Abhi breakfast ke baad call kar leta hu."

"Waise tu achanak raat ko aaya hi kyu?" Rohan asked.

Raavi held his hand under the table and looked into his eyes pleadingly. She didn't want him to tell everyone about her emotional breakdown. She buried her nails into his palm so deep that he shouted in pain. Raavi quickly turned away. Shiva gave her a glare.

"Dev ne hi toh kaha tha aane. Toh chala aaya." Shiva lied.

"Chalo achha hai tum aa gaye. Raavi ko shaanti milega warna har ek ghante tumhe phone karti ya message karti." Twinkle said.

"Haa mere bagair reh nahi pati. Aur na mujhe chain se jeene deti hai." Shiva muttered, and Raavi kicked him under the table.

"Yaar I hope tum bhi humare saath chaloge khet dekhne." Akshay said.

"Haa bilkul."

Raavi kicked him once more. Why did her gadhera have to agree? They were supposed to go home after this. She couldn't bear to stay here another moment, with all these people. What if her friends got to know about Dev and Rishita dating? She wouldn't be able to look anyone in the eyes. Then the gossips would start.

As soon as breakfast was over, Raavi dragged Shiva to her room. "Tujhe kya zaroorat thi Ashish ko haa kehne ki?"

"Kyu? Kya problem hai?" Shiva asked.

"Shiva mujhe ghar jaana hai. Tu abhi ke abhi mujhe ghar leke chal. Bas!"

"Yeh jo tu ek hafte pehle se iss trip ko leke itni excited thi, woh kaha gaya? Aisa kya hua tha kal?"

"Kuch nahi."

"Tu nahi batayegi toh main tujhe kahi nahi leke jaunga." Shiva said. "Jo bhi hua ho, tu bhagne walo se nahi hai."

"Kya hua woh jaanke kya karega? Jaan liya toh khushi tujhe milegi." Raavi said in anger.

"Mujhe jaanna hai Raavi."

Raavi closed her eyes. She knew how stubborn this bhootnath could be, and he was the only way she could reach home safely. "Dev aur Rishita... woh kiss kar rahe the. Woh usse pyaar..." Her voice broke.

She was waiting for Shiva to laugh or say something obnoxious to her, but he pulled her in close and wrapped her in a hug. Raavi hugged him back tightly and wept in his arms.

"Shiva yaha sab jaante hai meri feelings ke baare mein. Agar kisiko sach pata chal gaya toh sab hasenge mujhpe."

"Koi nahi hasega Raavi. I promise." Shiva kissed her on the top of her head. "Par hum kahi nahi jayenge. Tujhe aise bhaagne nahi dunga."

Raavi didn't argue. She just snuggled closer into his chest.