9.

Everyone woke up late in the morning. Raavi was already dressed when everyone came down to have their breakfast in pyjamas. Shiva was quietly eating his breakfast glaring at Raavi. Raavi drank her juice and winked at Shiva who threw his napkin at her. Raavi gasped and threw it right back at him.

"Yaar tum dono ko subah subah itni energy milti kaise hai?" Harry asked. "Yaha toh mujhse khada bhi nahi raha ja raha aur tum dono napkin fight kar rahe ho."

"Yaar sachhi. Kal raat thodi zyada ho gayi." Pari pouted.

"Come on guys!" Rishita spoke up. "Aaj hume swimming pool mein jana hai breakfast ke baad."

Everybody groaned in response.

"No no no! Main kuch nahi sunungi. Humne pool party plan ki thi aur pool party zaroor hogi." Rishita said. "Raavi, tumhara breakfast ho gaya na? Tum chalo mere saath."

Rishita took Raavi to her room and pulled out her swimming costume. She went inside the bathroom to change while Raavi waited outside. Raavi wasn't keen on the pool party. She didn't know how to swim and the pool just made her anxious. Yesterday she had slipped, and she didn't want to go into the pool.

"Raavi tu bhi jaldi se swimming costume pehen le." Rishita said, as she came out of the washroom.

"Nahi Rishita. Main pool mein nahi jaungi." Raavi said. Rishita was about to protest so she quickly added, "Mujhe swimming nahi aati. Par main waha chair pe baithi rahungi. Tum swimming karna."

Rishita gave up. She shrugged and went to the swimming pool with Raavi. Raavi sat on one of the benches with a magazine, while Rishita got into the pool. Slowly people started joint her in the pool. It was difficult to resist. Raavi wanted to go in and enjoy with them but she was scared. Everyone asked her to join them, but she had to say no. Almost drowning yesterday had been traumatic.

Shiva sat beside Raavi. She was surprised to see him in shorts. He looked cute. Raavi blushed without any reason. He was really affecting her. She tucked her hair behind her ear and averted her gaze, looking at the pool.

"Pool mein nahi jayegi?" Shiva asked.

Raavi shook her head.

"Thik hai. Phir main chalta hu." Shiva got up and took off his vest.

Raavi looked at him in shock. She thought he would sit with her. How dare he leave her and go to the pool? Shiva smirked at Raavi and got into the pool. Raavi had an inane desire to strangle him. He started swimming around and chatting with Dev and Rohan, leaving her all alone. She pretended to go back to reading.

"Raavi, aa na!" Pari called out to her.

"Nahi."

"Yeh aise nahi maanegi Pari." Shiva said.

Raavi pretended to ignore him and read. But Shiva came out of the pool, and Raavi had a hard time keeping her eyes off of him. He was all wet and dripping. Raavi had a hard time keeping her head straight. He was so hot. How was Shiva so hot? And why hasn't she noticed his hotness before. She didn't really notice him coming straight to her. He picked her up in his arms, and Raavi squealed. Shiva dropped her in the pool and jumped right in. She held him tightly to keep from drowning. He held her to super her.

"Shiva mujhe swimming nahi aati!" Raavi shouted.

"Pata hain." He said. He left her and she started splashing the water, trying not to drown. "Pehle bol ki teri saari baatein jhooth thi."

"Shiva main doob jaungi!!" Raavi shouted.

"Toh phir bol woh sab jhooth tha."

"Haa jhooth tha. Jhooth tha. Ab mujhe pakad. Main doob jaungi."

Shiva grabbed her tightly and he whispered into her ear. "Main doobne nahi dunga tujhe. Promise."

Raavi hit him, and he laughed loudly. She trusted him. "Par tune sachhi kaha tha ki tujhe main yaha pasand hu. Tujhe achha lag raha hai mere saath."

Shiva went silent and kept staring into her eyes. He tucked some of her wet hair behind her ears. Raavi was clutching onto him, waiting to see what he would do next, but Rishita came in between them.

Shiva and Rishita took it upon themselves to teach her how to swim. At first she was scared, but she started loosening up. She didn't really learn swimming, but she felt way more comfortable by the end. The water felt nice.

***

When Raavi came out of the bathroom, after having taken a bath, she found Shiva staring at her. Raavi decided that she loved having his attention. She stood before the mirror and started drying her hair. Shiva kept on looking at her through the mirror.

"Ghoor kya raha hai?" Raavi asked with a smile.

"Reality ke baare mein soch raha tha." Shiva said. "Kal raat ko maine jo kaha tha use seriously mat lena. Hum vacation mein hai. Yaha sab achha lagta hai. Somnath wapas jaake wahi hona hai. Main dukaan pe baithunga, aur tu wapas apni life lead karegi. Tujhe wapas mujhse kiraane ki dukaan ki badbu aayegi."

Raavi was shocked to hear him say that. She left the comb and walked upto him. "Tu kaun hota hai yeh sab decide karne wala. Mere feelings kya hai tu kaise jaanta hai."

"Tu jaanti hai apni feelings? Abhi kuch dino tak bas Dev Dev kiye jaa rahi thi. Bol kya hai teri feelings?"

"Tu ab mera best friend hai Shiva!" Raavi said.

Shiva rolled his eyes. Things had beyond friends for him now. These two days had been perfect. He was happy with Raavi. A little too happy. And he was sure things could only go worse from here now.

"Agar mujhe friendship se zyada kuch chahiye hoga toh?" Shiva asked.

"Friendship se zyada matlab?" Raavi was surprised.

"Wahi jo tune kal kaha tha. Humare beech kuch ho sakta hai. Friendship se zyada."

Raavi's heart started thudding as he said that. She wasn't ready, was she? Of course she felt something. These two days proved that life with Shiva would be perfect. He would be the most perfect boyfriend. And gosh, she was so attracted to him. Rishita thought they were cute together. But Dev had broken her heart once. She didn't want Shiva to break her heart. And she didn't want to break his.