8.

By the time the party had wrapped up, everyone moved to the living room for dinner. Shiva refused to have any dinner and Raavi had filled up on snacks. She however, fed Shiva one roti which he ate begrudgingly. She gave up when he spilled water on her by mistake. He was behaving worse than a child right now.

"Shiva, yeh bachho jaisi harkatein na kar. Chal chup chap sone chal." Raavi said.

"Raavi." Dev called out to her when she was about to lead Shiva into her room. "Shiva humare saath so jayega. Tum aaram se apne room mein rest karo."

"Nahi Dev. Tum log already 4 ho uss room mein. Tum logo ko problem hoga. In fact, Shiva drink hai toh main uska khyaal bhi rakh paungi."

She didn't wait for Dev's reply, instead she dragged him to her room. Everyone watched them with open mouth. Shiva saw the bed and straight away aimed for it. He sprawled about in the bed and almost immediately fell asleep. Raavi sighed. She took off his shoes then went into the bathroom to change into her nightdress. 

When she came out, she saw that Shiva had taken over half of her bed and there was only a tiny little space for her to sleep. She huffed in anger and went to the bed. With all her mind, she pushed him over to his side. This woke him up and he grabbed her pillow. Raavi started pulling back her own pillow.

"Chod Shivaaaaa..." She finally managed to take back her pillow. "Agar yaha sona hai, toh insaano jaisa behave kar. Nahi kar sakta toh jaa balcony mein jake so."

Shiva furrowed his brows and pulled her onto him. Raavi gasped at the impact she fell on him. He encircled her waist and held her there quite firmly. She was suddenly too aware of his hand on her waist. Her T-shirt had risen up and she could feel his skin on her. She felt shy all of a sudden.

"Tujhe yaha sona hai toh chup chap so, warna bahar garden mein so." Shiva said.

"Bakwaas mat kar Shiva. Mera room hai." Raavi averted her eyes as she felt too shy.

"Jo tera woh mera." Shiva smirked.

Raavi managed to free herself of his grip and lay on her own side of the bed. Shiva went back to sleep and Raavi lay awake. Why was she so affected by him? She had never felt this way about Shiva before this. This place was really something and it made her feel so differently. It felt nice. Her stomach was doing flips. It felt really really good.

Shiva shifted closer to her and wrapped his arm around her waist. Raavi almost laughed when he purred in his sleep. Gosh he was cute! Who knew? Raavi held his arm and closed it eyes. It got less cute by the night when she found out that he sometimes kicked in his sleep.

***

"Dekha Dev, Raavi aur Shiva ke beech kuch chal raha hai." Rishita said. "Tum paise ready rakhna. Bet toh main hi jeetungi."

Dev shook his head. "Aisa kuch nahi hai. Dono bas bachpan ke dost hai aur kuch nahi."

"Tumne apni aankhon se dekha ki woh usko apne room mein le gayi. Aur jab se aaye hai, dono ek dusre ke saath chipke huye hai."

"Woh dono bachpan se hi aise hai. Humesha ek dusre ke saath hi milte the. Aur Raavi ne kaha na Shiva humare room mein comfortable nahi hota. Kuch nahi hai unn dono ke beech."

Rishita sighed. It was no use talking to Dev. He was completely clueless. At least she would win this bet, and she would take his money. But she would really enjoy watching the expression on his face when he would find out the truth.

***

When Shiva woke up, his eyes landed on Raavi and he was momentarily taken back. She was sleeping peacefully. His was feeling groggy. As he tried to get up, a sharp pain hit his forehead and he cursed out loudly, waking Raavi up. She saw him wincing in pain, and closed her eyes once again.

"Itna daaru piyega toh hangover hona normal hai." Raavi said in her sleep.

"Raavi sarr phat raha hai. Kitni pi thi maine?"

"Maine count karna bandh kar diya tha." Raavi said. "Upar se tu aise aise kaand kar raha tha ki kya hi bolu main."

"Kaand matlab? Kya kiya maine?" Shiva asked.

"Kya nahi kiya puch. Pakka sharabi jaise idhar udhar gire jaa raha tha. Aur sabse badi baat." Raavi got up and paused dramatically. "Tune finally confess kiya ki tu mujhe like karta hai. Main teri favourite hu! Aur tune promise kiya tha ki tu kabhi mujhse ladai nahi karega. Humesha meri baat maanega."

"Ae maami ki behen ki beti, aisa na main marte dum bhi nahi bolunga. Swayam bhagwaan bhi aake mujhe yeh sab bolne bole, tab bhi nahi bolunga."

"Shiva tune bola tha!" Raavi exclaimed. "Tune yeh bhi kaha tha ki main teri sabse close waali friend hu. Main jhoot thodi bolungi."

Shiva's headache disappeared, listening to all the wild accusations she made against him. He got up and stormed off. He couldn't have in his right mind said those things. She was definitely making stuff up, and he would get back at her, but he didn't remember most of the things that happened last night. Raavi burst out laughing as she saw him leave the room in anger.