5.

"Chale ya aur time lagega tujhe?" Shiva came into Raavi's room.

"Haa bas do minu-" Raavi stopped in her track as she took in Shiva's appearance. He was wearing Dev's white shirt.

Without realising, she stepped closer to him and ran her hand down his shirt. She had never thought of Shiva as handsome, but looking at him now, handsome didn't even come close to describing how he looked now. Shiva held her hand, and Raavi blushed as she realised her hand was on his stomach the whole time. He didn't shove her hand away, just held it.

"Tu.. tu aaj bada shirt pant pehen ke ghum raha hai." Raavi said.

"Woh main koi kapde nahi laya tha. Toh Dev ki shirt pehenni padi."

Raavi saw that his collar was creased, so she fixed it properly. The intensity with which Shiva was staring at her made her go weak in the knees. She took a step away from him to compose herself. Shiva's cheeks flushed and he went out of her room. Raavi applied her lipstick and went out to join everyone.

Twinkle, Harry, Rohan and Pari preferred going on the jeep while the others decided to walk. It was a fifteen minutes walk. Raavi was delighted when she saw the open fields. She walked around the field chatting with Pari. Even Rishita seemed kinder to her now. She came upto Raavi and got some pictures clicked with her. Raavi wondered what had changed, and she got her answer as soon as Pari left.

"Main tumhe ek baat batau? Bura mat maanna." Rishita said. "Pehle na mujhe lag raha tha ki tum Dev se pyaar karti ho. Main isliye thoda chid rahi thi tumse. Actually I'm dating Dev. Usne tumhe batane se mana kiya hai, but ab toh hum friends ban chuke hai. I can tell you."

Raavi was surprised. What changed to make Rishita decide that she didn't love Dev anymore? She decided to feign surprise at Rishita's revelation of her dating Dev. Like she didn't know already. "Wow yaar. Dev toh mujhe kuch batata hi nahi hai. But I'm really happy for you both. Woh Dev pe crush toh bachpan ki baat thi. Abhi aisa kuch nahi hai."

"Pata hai. Kal Shiva aur tumhe dekhte hi main samajh gayi. Main faltu mein stress le rahi thi. Dev toh abhi bhi nahi maanta. Tum dono bhi chupe rustam nikle. Kisi ko nahi bataya! Par tum dono ko toh chupana bhi nahi aata. Sirf aadha din ek dusre ko nahi dekha, aur tumse raha nahi gaya. Seedha jaake use hug kar liya." Rishita laughed. "Waise it's very sweet. Woh bhi khicha chala aaya. Tumse durr nahi reh paya."

Raavi's eyes widened. Rishita thought Shiva and her were in a relationship! It was insane. Raavi was about to tell Rishita that she wasn't dating him, but Dev called her and took her away. Raavi wondered why anyone would think that? Everyone knew they were sworn enemies. They had never really spoken to each other without fighting. But Shiva hasn't fought with her since yesterday. It was strange because she couldn't think of a single time when Shiva didn't fight with her. On the other hand, Rishita was right about one thing. Raavi was really happy to see Shiva. So happy, and relieved, that she ran into his arms. They didn't even have that kind of a relationship. And why did Shiva come here only after hearing that she wasn't okay?

"Raavi!" Twinkle called her. "Yeh sab kya ho raha hai? Tu raat bhar Shiva ke saath room mein thi. Log kaisi kaisi baatein kar rahe hai! Sab tum dono ke baare mein hi gossip kiye jaa rahe hai. Dev kya sochega? Use bhi lag raha hoga ki tera uske bhai ke saath kuch chal raha hai. Woh tera hone wala devar hai Raavi!"

Raavi was speechless yet again. She didn't know what to tell her. They had spent the night together  she didn't even think of that. It just felt so good to have him there with her. Why was she in this mess? Shiva wasn't her future devar anymore.      

"Ab kuch bolegi bhi ya aise hi ghurti rahegi?" Twinkle said.

"Tu jaisa soch rahi hai waisa kuch nahi hua. Hum bas baat kar rahe the." Raavi said.

"Mujhe pata hai kuch nahi hua. Tere aur Shiva ke beech kya ho sakta hai? Par agar tujhe Dev chahye toh tujhe Shiva ke saath apna rishta badalna parega. Tu uski bhabhi banne wali hai! Ab bachhe nahi ho tum dono."

"Mere aur Shiva ka rishta kabhi nahi badlega." She said absent-mindedly.

How could she tell Twinkle that Dev was never gonna be hers? The most consistent thing for her right now was her relationship with Shiva, and she didn't want to let that go. On one hand, Rishita thought she was dating Shiva, and on the other hand, Twinkle was asking her to put some distance between her and Shiva. This was too much. She didn't know what to do.