Chapter 3

Turn on music :"Moral of the story"

"Giorgia"

Sometimes life would ruin your happiest moments instantly. Whenever I smile, something stirs in me, and I say that I am happy, I have succeeded, something always goes wrong. And it's like life tells me you don't deserve to be happy even for a second. This is one of those moments.

Giorgia Soleri. Damiano's girlfriend. Loved man's girlfriend of 4 years. A pretty girl. Her sexy body, her thin hands, her sweet smile, the moment you look at her, you can immediately understand why Damiano is with her. I envy him like crazy. Is it because she's more attractive than me? No. These don't even matter. I'm jealous because Damiano loves her. I'm jealous because she's his girlfriend. Love.. I'm jealous because she owns the lips that I can't kiss.

Now he's standing at the door. She smiles at Damiano, holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Hi honey. Won't you let me in"?

I recovered myself. And I just shook my head.

She ran inside and hugged him and kissed him. Damiano was staring at as if stunned. Then he regained him composure and returned the hug. I can feel my eyes watering. I clenched my hands and slowly walked out of the room and into the bathroom. Damn, this happens all the time. Whenever I see them like this, it hurts my heart. My eyes are watering, I can't breathe.

However, just now, all these were tears of happiness.

I turned on the faucet and splashed ice-cold water on my face. I watched myself in the mirror. I was literally broke in 10 minutes. But I need to know how to recover like I'm scattered.

"Calm yourself up, Victoria. Stop torturing yourself. They're happy, they love each other, mind it.
put it in now. Besides, do you think what would happen if Damiano found out about this? How many years of friendship is over? I can't afford it. If he's happy, I'm happy too."

"Now I'll get back together, I'll freshen up my make-up. I'll watch their happiness with my most genuine smile on my face" Isn't it easy to say all this?. However, that never happens. I can not.

I freshen up my makeup and put my fake smile on my face. At least I could do that, right? I closed the door and went out. As soon as I came out, I suddenly collided with Thomas. And my arm almost broke.

"Slow down, you're an idiot" I fake groaned.

"Don't whine now. I know you're lying."

I smiled.

"Voices from below. We have a guest"?

"Yes Giorgia. Just arrived"

"Giorgia? What's she doing here. You know, we were going to be together this year. Now they're going to take Damiano and go somewhere. Off." Thomas's face fell instantly. We were planning to be together this year, but what can we do? Since Thomas was a family person, sudden developments like this bothered him.

I patted his arm.

"Stop complaining, Thomas. What's going to happen this year as well. Is Giorgia a foreigner? Dam's girlfriend. maybe she wants to spend time with us too" I hope she doesn't anyway.

"You're right, Vic. Let's go downstairs and see what they're up to." He chuckled and put his hand on my shoulder. I grabbed her waist and we slowly started to descend the stairs.

They were looking at the phone together. Suddenly, a feeling of jealousy began to take over me. They were watching something on the phone with curiosity, and they even noticed our arrival the moment we stood in front of them.