Baili Hongyi

Baili Hongyi22 years old

Baili Hongyi
22 years old

Born in an affluent family, second son of official Baili Yan. Intelligent and eloquent from a young age, a fine writer, and has exceptional memory. But he has a heart of stone and is an "emotionless man" who only is only interested in the unknown and mysteries of the world. He has great critical thinking skills, and has the ability to deduce the truth from details and clues that normal people won't notice, finding joy in the process.

Always the eye of the storm and target of rumors, people tend to distance themselves from him. He grew to be self centered as a result, often disregarding others and not bothering himself with matters unrelated to himself. He speaks his mind, sometimes quiet and good natured, sometimes hurting others with his words. His only principle is to do the right thing. Although his elder brother Baili Kuanren keeps persuading him to become an official, he feels that matters of the court are not as challenging as solving cases. He has been bethroted ever since he was 19 and has a fianće who is niece of his father's killer.

While he set out on an expedition to solve the mysteries of the world he ends up in another portal of world of spiritual beings, saving a person who was stabbed by a girl with a jade pin. After saving Shi Ying, he was somewhat attracted to the older and was perplexed so wanted his company to solve his mysterious feelings.