✨Chapter 09✨

"The seal for the first time has broken. Its still a mystery how but its the seal that is broken."

"Shouldn't we make him aware? Danger might lurk around him! If not then serious misfortune can befall."

"We don't know yet. We have to be sure before creating false alarm. Once the word goes out, I am afraid...." The words were left unsaid yet the other person present in the scenario understood the intricasies.

Back in the tribe DuoSen, The morning bathed in the soft hues of dawn, presenting a picturesque scene. The first light of the day filtered through the lush foliage, casting a warm and golden glow over the peaceful settlement. Shi Ying, having awakened with the rising sun, felt a sense of tranquility in the air.

Upon entering Hongyi's room, Shi Ying found him already awake, seated at the small wooden table. The remnants of morning light danced upon the room's rustic walls, creating a cozy ambiance. Hongyi looked up, a faint smile gracing his face as he greeted Shi Ying.

"Good morning, Shi Zun. I hope you slept well," Hongyi said, his voice reflecting a newfound energy compared to the weariness of the previous days. Shi Ying returned the greeting with a nod.

"Good morning, Gounzi. I trust you feel better today?"

"Way better? Thank you for your concern." Shi Ying nodded. After an awkward moment of time Hongyi spoke up

"Shi Zun, May I ask where have you been?"

"I was meditating the whole while."

"Are your injuries better?"

"Gounzi, I am recuperating well. I-" Shi Ying couldn't continue as a sharp pain coursed through the same spot where he was stabbed. Sweat beads appeared on his forehead followed with a frown. He clutched his chest as he staggered a bit alarming Hongyi, who stood up immediately and went to hold the Grand Priest but stopped as Shi Ying raised his hand for him to stay put.

"Shi Zun!" 

"I am fine. Its just-" Another groan escaped his lips as he crouched down. This time Hongyi paid no heed to his actions to stay put and held his elbows while he supported the man towards the single wooden bed. Settling there, Shi Ying gained the lotus position as he started to meditate but the sweat didn't stop appearing. Though Shi Ying tried hard to hide his pain, Hongyi was no fool to not understand the frown on the face so without any delay he crouched infront of the priest and laid his robes apart only to be shocked as the scar turned blazing red. He immediately touched the wound to find the area of the skin particularly warm.

"What is happening?"

Shi Ying who remained unfazed from his meditation, continued when a loud screech was heard and the pain instantly subsided. Shi Ying released a laboured breathe as he opened his eyes to see Hongyi applying certain herbs on his scar. He held Hongyi's hand which were carefully applying herbs on his scar and politely removed them tying his robes.

"That scar has not heeled properly yet. The skin was warm. You must have-"

"Gounzi, Thank you for your concern but I am now alright."

"How can you be alright? Shi Zun, I know I don't know anything around me. I know I am ignorant and weak. But I know when people are in pain. Pardon my behaviour but with this carelessness of your towards your own health could be fatal."

"I don't need your help Gounzi. I am capable-"

"You are capable? I hold no doubts in your capabilities. You are the Grand Priest. Of course you are capable. But what you are doing to yourself is carelessness."

"Mind what you speak Gounzi." Shi Ying's voice was cold and his eyes pierced the very soul of the person who is lecturing him. How dare that man! No one has talked to him in such a disrespectful tone.

"I know what I am speaking. I want you to mind your health. Shi Zun, you cannot be careless. We are on an unknown journey. How can-" Shi Ying abruptly stood up as he glared at the person infront of him who remained unfazed by his galre.

"Hongyi Gounzi, I need not to tell you time after time that I am fine. I am more than capable to fend myself. You need to take care of yourself as I need to find a way to send you back to your world. I am returning the favour but just don't think that you have got the right to talk back to me in this way just because you saved me. I am glad that you saved me but I hope you won't meddle in my matters. Don't burden me more unnecessarily." Shi Ying did not understand what tone he used or what he said but he eyes of the mortal infront of him turned for that of concern into hurt and then cold and empty. Those eyes didn't sit well with him.

"I see. Apologies for crossing my threshhold. The Grand Priest can do as it suits him, I won't intrude. I need to change." With that Hongyi left the room as Shi Ying sat down on the bed releasing a tired. He shouldn't have said those words to the other person but he was confused. Last night was confusing for him. His feelings were confusing him. This mortal man was confusing him. Why on earth would this man trust him blindly, why on earth would this man care for him? How can people care for others without ulterior motives. Whole of his life he has faced two face people who only lend a hand when they had an ulterior motive. He only received love from his mother and Da Zun. Every one else have always back stabbed him.

His reverie of thoughts broke when the wooden screen opened and a server with breakfast arrived and settled them on the wooden table and left. No later Hongyi too entered an had his breakfast but not even once did he looked at Shi Ying.

Finishing his breakfast, Hongyi sensed that Shi Ying wanted to speak to him but he didn't want to. He won't be necessarily burdening the grand priest on his account. He should have know. His motives have always been questioned. Whether back in the imperial palace or in here. Always had people criticizing him for his motive so he was akin to the feeling of hurt.

"I will be outside for a bit." Without hearing a reply Hongyi set out of the inn and began and began to stroll the settlement. This place seemed calm and serene, bustling with life as traders traded there goods, children played with each other, snack stalls filled with aromatic dishes and lines of customer. Oh how much Hongyi missed roaming around a street all by himself. Though his place was with scare population yet it had decent amount of people to make it lively.

"Gege!" Hongyi looked down to see a street child honding on to his legs and smiling up at him. He had various pages in his hand. Hongyi didn't know how to react.

"Gege, would you like to buy these paintings? These are drawn by grandfather. He is blind and mute. He cannot see but what he draws are priceless. Please gege can you buy them?" Hongyi looked here and there but no one came to his aid. He saw few passer by glancing dirty looks to the child who was holding up to him.

"Mn." He held the drawing in his hand and scrolled it open but what greeted him was a great shock to him.

Hello guys,Its me

Hello guys,
Its me.

I am back. I am NOT dead🙂. I am literally sorry for making you all wait for such a long time. More than 2 years to be exact. I am literally ashamed. Since I am on a break, I will try to update more frequently.

About the chapter, let me know your views. There is a mystery upcoming so hold your breathe as Shi Zun and Hongyi set on a new journey to unravel some mysteries.

Appreciation and Criticism are all entertained. Please put them forward. If you have any suggestions or opinionsv feel free to put them forward as well, I will definetely try to implement those that might favour the furtherance of the story.