//2//

The drive was shorter than expected. There were many obstacles in gaining the ability to drive however. Jeremy's parents were surprised of course, seeing it was the beginning of the school year. He managed to convince them it was mostly to see the expo, at least for...therapeutic purposes. A way to get over his fears of the establishment. Of closure.

It didn't take very long once that argument was brought up. Clearly he knew his parents well enough to know that they trust him. Especially George. That definitely aided in allowing the trip to even begin happening.

The real difficulty was Cassidy's parents, namely the mother who was against the idea from the very beginning. She was not fond of skipping school to see what was described as 'killer robots'. Cassidy in the young man's opinion definitely showed a lot more eagerness than the cafeteria meeting would have him initially believe. There was a significant drive that made her more...aggressive is what he wanted to say.

Two days and in the end, Jeremy's guess was correct. The mother had made a good fight, but Cassidy was more steadfast in her goals. She'd go to this expo for closure on this as well. No matter what. And it's best if she simply didn't sneak out like she originally planned to do. Jeremy even got calls and texts about buying climbing rope if needed.

Now with the truck parked alongside the curb of a hotel, decent for what it was, Jeremy could take a look at his surroundings. A sweat had started to drip from his forehead, an oddity that he knew that George was unamused by. The AC had gone out halfway through the trip, and the heatwave was starting to affect all of them.

Cassidy being the freak, still wore her heavy fur coat. In Jeremy's opinion, that was basically either a fondness for the coat or stubborn determination against an unseen enemy called weather. Or she was simply too lazy to even try to lighten the load. That was always a reason, although an equally shallow one.

"Alright, I'll see to it our rooms are ready. This one had a few smaller rooms open, so we'll be sleeping in separate beds," The door flew open as he checked his face, looking at the residue that subsided. It was unpleasant to see that.

"Good. I rather not hear Cass snore," Jeremy attempted to change the subject from the unbearable sweat to something more light hearted.

She didn't appreciate it.

"Dude, I do not snore," She eyed him as they each stepped out of the vehicle, the teens heading towards the back of the vehicle where most of their luggage would be.

"You do. Don't deny it, everyone hears it," He told her as they met near the back of George's truck, the trunk opened to see the inside of the vehicle's bed.

"I don't!"

"You do, Cass. I was there when you fell asleep on the way onto the highway," George added, smirking as he left inside the building. Cassidy didn't have another word in after that, simply huffing as the two got the suitcases out from the bed of the truck.

There was enough for a week or two of staying in a hotel. Funnily enough George's bag was the least heaviest of them all, with Cassidy being a close second. In truth, he packed more than he should, as the Fitzgerald family way of life considered every eventuality; he had enough outfits to fit a normal semester back in Gary.

"At least I'm not packed for a plane ride to Hawaii,"

"Mom and Dad always want me to be ready for anything. I bet if they wanted to, they'd take me to a gun range,"

"You wouldn't want a gun?"

"The only 'gun' I want is one that shoots portals,"

"Heh! I remember getting so confused on that one level. Was it the...um..."