//3//

The worse part of this trip was having to be surrounded by masks of those...things. Music of the old Fazbear brand played amongst the speakers as he looked aside to see that George was now in his sights. He was currently spraying himself with more cologne in the corner, checking to see if anyone was looking in his direction.

"Ah! Finally, you came. That guy's about to make his debut," George stashed the item in his fanny-pack. Admittedly, Jeremy thought it made him look stupid.

Beyond that, the stage was buzzing with the excitement of fans, and the scrutiny of the business types. A few security guards managed the border between ordinary visitors and the actual employees. There he could see the frame of Cassidy. She seemed to be interested in the backstage, Jeremy noting her scanning of the grounds.

She was planning on something stupid in his opinion. Before he could make a move, he was stopped by the people swarming around them. The lights focused themselves as the music rose in anticipation. He could hear a few of '80s themed glam playing in the majority of this playlist.

Soon Jeremy looked towards the curtains removing themselves. A man, standing in a violet suit, complete with a black tie and black dress shoes. He looked thin and wiry, yet seemingly had a weirdly charming look to him despite it. Not to mention age seemed to really hit him hard with the amount of grey hairs that patterned his locks. This was that man. Jeremy could only gasp with the realization.

William Afton. The man was currently fiddling with a microphone attached to his ear, saying words to his helper, a woman. Because there wasn't any audio, any conversation they had was an unknown.

What would he be talking about? What would it entail? Would it lead to some answers or was it just small talk. The crowd will never know, given that it was such a brief moment in time before the mic finally picked up his voice.

"Hello? Hello, Hello? This thing on? Technology, eh?" It was clearly meant to be a joke. Jeremy noticed a few people in the crowd laugh a bit. Possibly paid actors, if George is anything to go by. One thing that was real was the accent, the likes of which Jeremy has only heard before in Harry Potter. "Technology is quite the interesting mistress isn't it? The fact it can hold so much potential, yet disappoints when you are trying to find a good gyro spot. I already know from the people here, a lot of you realize the potential it has on our everyday lives. Of course, this may just be child's entertainment, but a way to the future is through our children yes?"

Cassidy was slinking towards the left as the music died down. The lights were dimming, with Jeremy nervously watching her attempt to sneak around. Luckily there was very few security guards.

"For those who do not know, my name is William Afton. Everything you've seen here in this building was built by my hands. I pride myself a scientist, an explorer of the unknown. Humble and honest work fiddling with simple machinery, my dreams lead me towards America. Peddling my wares to anyone. It wasn't until a lucky break in a sleepy town in Utah that I truly honed my skills. A family owned diner, who wished to have their mascot made real. That was my first true taste of what such technology could do, imitating the fictional, giving life to metal and wires," Afton continued as Jeremy made his way towards Cassidy, George following closely trying to gain the young boy's attention.

It wasn't very long until he had bumped into a fellow patron wearing a Freddy mask. Jeremy stood stiff as his body was now frozen. Perhaps there was words said by the man, but it was dull, drowned out by a buzzing noise. No. This was a heartbeat ringing deep in his ears. A glimpse of Cassidy's hair disappearing in the curtains of the backstage were the only sights he could focus on.

A clammy touch jumped his sights off the fear for a moment as George was nervously looking at the situation.

"Dammit...she's rather impatient huh?" He spoke, with the blonde simply nodding at that. The boy never could forgive himself for that goof up.