Chapter 1

'...What the hell is this?'

That was the only thought of Kim Rok Soo when he woke up from sleeping after reading five volumes of a fantasy novel. He woke up, expecting to be in his quiet room when he suddenly found himself in a room filled with strange looking people.

Furthermore, he was lying in a soft and comfortable bed with a crying baby beside him. The cry of that baby was so loud that Kim Rok Soo felt irritated.

Seeing the baby cried, he felt like crying too when he was not even sad or anything.

Because he was a damn baby now.

A baby who could not even speak, walk or do anything.

Kim Rok Soo is a person who could always deal with unexpected situation with a calm manner-to the extend it seemed absurd. However, he still could not fully comprehend the fact that he was now a baby.

"Oh, look, my Cale is crying. What's wrong, Cale, my baby?"

A beautiful woman with long red hair who wore a dress approached the bed and took the baby beside Kim Rok Soo in her arms. Kim Rok Soo assumed that the woman is his now birth mother.

'Yes, take that loud baby and go away.'

Kim Rok Soo felt extremely relieved. Until the woman said something.

"Ron, can you take care of Keith for a moment? I need to take care of Cale."

An old-looking butler who was standing behind the red-haired woman bowed with a benign smile on his face.

"Of course, Countess-nim. Please rest assured, this Ron will take care of young master Keith."

"Then, I leave him to you."

The red-haired woman smiled while hugging the crying Cale before walking out of the room.

'No, don't leave my with this scary old man!'

Kim Rok Soo felt like crying.

He did not know whether he was being paranoid or delusional, but the fact that the red-haired baby was named Cale and the fact that there was a butler with a name Ron in this room who looked so vicious, Kim Rok Soo thought about the novel that he read before sleeping.

[The Birth of a Hero]

He thought that he had transmigrated into the world of a fantasy novel.

If it was indeed true that he was now in that novel, it meant that his life was in danger because of a certain butler who was actually an assassin standing in front of him in this room with only the two of them.

Kim Rok Soo wanted to cry but he held back himself. He was very worried if he were to cry and somehow pissed the assassin off, he would be killed with a dagger that the old man carried.

Ron extended his arms and took the young master.

'Oh no, why did he take me?'

Kim Rok Soo was thinking of retaliating, but he was nothing more than a tiny baby right now. He could not control his body freely. And what if he makes the old assassin mad? His throat will be sliced instantly, or his heart will be stabbed with a sharp dagger.

Kim Rok Soo who was in Ron's arms could not help but looked at Ron's clothes.

'I'm sure of it. This old man hid his dagger under his sleeve.'

Ron who was at the same time staring at Kim Rok Soo smiled benignly.

"You're so quiet, young master Keith. You're very different than your brother."