Chapter 10

'I'm dying.'

That was on Keith's mind as he lied down on the ground with both of his eyes closed. He was drenching in sweat and his legs were going numb. He could not even move a muscle.

He glared the angriest glare he could do toward the young man who forced Keith into his current predicament. He did not care whether that man had the ability to kill him in a single move, no, he could not bring himself to care since he already felt worse than dying.

The said young man was simply gazing at him with slight raised brows, as if seeing an angry cute little kitten.

Huh, no wonder father always liked to call young master Keith as a kitten. He could finally see the resemblance now. It was almost endearing.

"Endure it for a little longer, young master."

'I knew I shouldn't trusted the assassin's son!'

Keith should have known better. He had read the novel and experienced having the vicious father-son duo as his servants. 

When the cook who was an expert in swordsmanship announced that the new training will not be as heavy and difficult as the previous trainings, he knew something was off. The entire situation was iffy.

He knew that other than wielding a greatsword, Beacrox also had a talent in torture methods. Despite not having to witness such vicious ability in person, Keith had that knowledge from reading [The Birth of a Hero] back as Kim Rok Soo.

Albeit there was no way Ron would allow his son to pass on the knowledge of torture methods to the youngest son of the Count. Assassination, yes, but torture method was a bit too much for an eight-year-old who will soon turned nine. No matter how outstanding Keith's performance in assassination and stealth, learning torture method was completely out of his league.

Even Keith himself agreed wholeheartedly. 

He might had an ability to kill a man in a single move with ease, thanks to learning assassination and stealth from the butler. But, that did not mean he would kill people. Perhaps if he was forced to, then he would, though that was a different matter. 

But torture people?

No, he would never ever do that.

Keith, no, Kim Rok Soo was someone who despised the sight of gruesome things like blood, death and war. He might learned assassination but the art itself was silent, fast and like a shadow. He did not have to stab a man right on his heart and wait for the man to die out of blood loss. He had a hundred way to kill without seeing so much blood.

Beacrox who was in charge of his training told him the training would not be hard and heavy. Thus, he would definitely not be taught in swordsmanship and torture methods.

Nevertheless, Beacrox is still Ron's son.

The son of the butler who was an expert in throwing sharp daggers and walking as silent as a shadow. Viciousness and ruthlessness was a trait in their bloodlines, Keith was extremely certain. The son of such a man was bound to inherit the trait that brought shiver down to Keith's spine. 

His solid and concrete proof was [The Birth of a Hero] that depicted his... exploits in a detailed depth. The author wrote the scenes so well that he shuddered when he imagined the scenes.

His gut feeling was proven to be true when Beacrox laid out a box filled with shady bottles with suspicious looking colourful liquids on the ground. He instantly knew what those things was.

That was when Keith was mentally hit by something right on his head. He really wanted to smash his face on some wall when he had a realization. (Though he would not do it since he hated pain.)