Chapter 6

It has been exactly two days since Keith and Drew has arrived in the Harris Village. The citizens there immediately greeted them respectfully and escorted them to the wealthiest inn for the noble.

Keith has brought a few fantasy novels just to decrease his boredom, but then, he was approached by the innocent children on the first day of his visit. The curious children could not help but wanted to play with Keith although their parents nagged at them saying that Keith was a noble. Keith was reminded of Cale's sad face when he saw their face, thus, he reluctantly agreed to it.

It was no joke. The children here were even more energetic and active than his brother. He ran for a very long time, climbed some trees and even being dragged into the mud until his fancy clothes was filled with soil and dirt. He collapsed on the ground right after they finished playing.

Even his mother laughed at him, saying that the trip to the Harris Village was great since he got to 'exercise' more than usual.

In the end, the children were scolded by their parents for making a noble looked like that. Although Keith said it was fine, since he did not enjoy it when seeing children being scolded because of him. If there was something that need to be blame, he will definitely blame his own lack of stamina.

And now, Keith who was currently in the middle of resting was sitting on a wooden chair with his eyes on an enormous 10-meter-tall wall made of stone.

That single wall was the one that separated the Harris Village and one of the Forbidden Regions, the Forest of Darkness.

After spending a total of two days in the Harris Village, Keith had seen almost everyone in this village—except for a black-haired man.

Choi Han.

The main character of this world was still inside the Forest of Darkness. He might the main character, but, he was not originally a hero. He was a normal teenage South Korean boy who had a happy life until he suddenly transported to this world.

There was a reason why the novel was called [The Birth of a Hero]. It was about the growth and struggle of person who will become a great hero in the future.

Somewhere, in the forest filled with dangerous mutant monsters and poisonous plants, Choi Han was fighting for his life.

Keith had no idea whether Choi Han has already developed his terrifyingly powerful sword arts and become strong enough to not fear anything or he was still struggling to survive in the forest. The novel wrote from Choi Han's perspective, and after ten of years with the same unchanging appearance, Choi Han lost the feeling of time.

Keith could barely estimate and make a wild guess.

"Keith, what are you doing here?"

He turned his head to see his mother was approaching him.

These two days has brought them closer than before. Keith was willing to tell a little bit of his life to Drew as his mother was more persistent than he initially thought. They exchanged their secret after having a deep conversation alone.

Contrary to what he has predicted about his mother's reaction, Drew was calmed but her eyes filled with sadness.

Then, she hugged him.

'You've been through a lot, my child.'

To be honest, Keith did not expect that kind of reaction. He thought his mother would be disgusted or pitied his life.

Keith quickly stopped remembering those memories as he answered.

"I was thinking."

"Thinking about what?"