Chapter 3

Then, a few years passed. It was incredibly peaceful and Keith cherished these years of calmness very much.

Being a child is truly the best.

A child had nothing to worry about. He doesn’t have to do works because he is just a child. For him who was a team leader in his previous life , it is such a bliss to not spending time in worrying about adults’ matters.

All he needs to do is eat well, sleep well and grow well. It was easy—if he ignored the times Cale dragged him to go out and play together.

And of course, he received education befitting for a noble child. Keith paid special attention to it. He thought that since he transmigrated into this world, he might as well get used to it by gaining knowledge about this world. Although he sometimes slept during the lessons, he still was able to learn well.

It was frankly easy for him because he can just memorize all the contents of the books, thanks to his ‘Record’ ability. But because he did not want to catch unnecessary attention and having burdensome expectations on him—that would lead him to be a successor of the Count, he just studied at normal speed of an average child. (But he did not know that his study speed was not normal and it has been reported to the Count and Countess by the instructors)

There was no way in the world that he wants to be the next Count. It would be a huge and terrible hindrance in his path to be a rich slacker in the future.

“Keith, why are you still sleeping?”

Great, now he could not even take a nap in peace.

Even when Cale’s loud voice was echoing in the bedroom, Keith still didn’t move an inch on the bed. He was getting used in feigning ignorance to Cale during these past years—thus, something like shouting and screaming are nothing.

Not until Cale approached the bed and grabbed the blanket that was wrapping Keith’s body.

“Wake up, Keith! How much longer are you going to sleep?”

Cale spoke in a loud voice. He really doesn’t have any idea why his brother loved sleeping so much. It was to the extend that he thought that his brother was cursed to sleep all the time just like in fairytale stories that mother read it to them.

Keith frowned when the sunlight from the bright sun entered his eyes. He groaned.

“Too bright…”

“You’re not a bat! Hurry up and let’s go outside!”

Cale threw the blanket away from them, not giving it a single care. He shook Keith’s body when he heard a low mutter.

“I’m tired.”

“Tired? You just sleep all the time! Why should you be tired?”

Keith really was telling the truth. He really did not have any energy to accompany Cale to outside and play. He just wanted to cover his body with blanket and sleep on the comfy bed. His peaceful napping time is very precious for him.

“Stop acting like a lazy cat!”

“I would love to be one.”

‘Yes, a cat with nothing to do other than sleeping and eating. How great would it be?’

Cale sighed at the immature thoughts of his brother. He knew that his brother was telling the truth about being a cat. He shook his head and proceeded to hold both of Keith’s hands.

“Mother is waiting for you. She said you need to move around to be healthy.”

Cale was using his last card—using mother’s name. It was the only way to move the lazy and unmoved Keith. Although Keith will never admit it out loud, Cale knew Keith has a soft spot for their mother. He always listened to her without complaining at all.