Chapter 9

Cale was stunned.

Never in his entire life of eight years did he ever see his twin brother smiled happily like that. Even when their mother was still here, his twin brother had manage to control his expression to hide his real feelings.

Keith was someone who always maintain his stoic expression. He did not show his sadness on his face when he was sad, nor did he show his happiness on his face when he was happy.

Thus, seeing Keith was grinning from ear to ear was truly a rare and strange sight to behold. 

Cale furrowed his brows.

This was his first time seeing a rare and sincere smile filled with happiness on his twin brother's usual stoic face.

And, Keith was smiling so broadly while holding a cheque of money that their father had give it to them a moment ago.

"...Are you alright, Keith?"

Cale could not help but hesitantly asked his brother about his brother's current condition.

Such a gleeful grin should be call a pure expression fitting for a child but it looked too evil to call it one and a little strange to call it a devil's smile at the same time. To be precise, the smile was both childish and wicked. 

Keith simply hummed in response as he innocently tilted his head. His eyes were still gazed on the cheque with his smile that did not seem to disappear at any moment. 

"Why would I not be alright?"

"You're smiling too much, almost like a villain."

The said smile was completely gone from Keith's face in an instant at the mention of his smile being similar to a villain's. It was instead replaced by a deep frown on the forehead.

"You're talking nonsense."

"I did not."

Hearing Cale's quick retort made Keith let out a heavy sigh. Even more so when he saw the look that Cale was giving to him. Cale was staring at him as if he was doing something crazy.

"Let's get ready for our visit to the town."

Keith changed the topic so that his brother would stop thinking about useless things that would only bring headaches to hin. Fortunately, although the quick-witted Cale didn't seem to buy it, he just agreed to it just for the sake of wanting to go to the town as quick as possible. 

When Keith was sure that Cale was completely gone from his sight, Keith turned his attention toward the cheque that was still in his hands again. He looked at the amount of money listed on the cheque that was given by the count.

10 million gallon.

It is about equivalent to 10 million Korean won. 

His heart was beating faster at the thought of having so much money on his hand.

Although he wondered why his father gave such a large amount of money to children who were barely eight years old, Keith did not bother to ponder about it any longer. After all, for Keith, no, Kim Rok Soo who never experienced the bliss of wealth and luxury, having a lot of money is truly the best.

You don't have to worry about anything as long as you have money.

Keith quickly made a plan in his mind for today. Today might be the only chance for him to freely go out to the Rain City because he knew that the assassin and the torture expert would surely kept him busy with harsh lessons and hellish trainings. 

"Will you out to the town today, young master Keith?"

Keith did not flinch at that question because he noticed that Ron was approaching him with silent footsteps.