Chapter 384

Jay's POV: As I sit in a private office at the district, I sigh considering I know that I shouldn't be here but...I couldn't help it. I needed a bit of time to process what I heard just happen and maybe even get through the idea that me and Erin's twins could come at 16 weeks (4 months!) premature instead of at the normal time. Just that scared the crap out of me and they weren't even my kids. I just hoped that Matt and Gabby were okay. But, I decided not to bother them. However the same couldn't be said for Hank when it came to bothering me. "Jay?"

Turning around to look at him, I got scared because I was worried that he was going to yell at me. "Hank, I was just..." Hank then sighed. "Coming to get a distraction?" I nodded and sighed. "I know, I shouldn't be at the district when it comes to this time but, there was nowhere I could think of going that would be quiet yet...somewhere that felt like home. Does that make sense?" Hank laughed when I said that. "Believe me, I know what you are talking about. Where do you think I come on the anniversary of Justin's death? By the way, you do not tell Erin I said that."

I laughed when he said that. "Yeah, not a chance Hank. I am going to tell Erin if she asks me where she thinks you are that day. Sorry, but you would want me too. You know that you would rather I tell her than lie to her. And if you do not feel that way...then I am not sure who you are." He laughed when I said that and agreed with me. "Good point. So, how are you doing?" I just sighed. "I am scared. I mean, this is a possibility but...it's not something that I am ready for Hank. I mean, we are talking about little babies that are in incubators because they are early."

Hank then sighed as he looked at me. "Listen, I am going to tell you this. I know what it's like to see a baby in an incubator because Justin came 6 weeks early." I was shocked when he said that. "Woah, really?" Hank nodded. "Yes, and that means that he was at risk for having defects. But he came out a healthy baby boy without any defects. And I texted Antonio and he said that the same happened with their twins. Jay, right now...things are crazy and you need to be strong. And you need to be with your wife right now. You think you're scared? What about her?"

That's when I realized something. "Holy shit. Hank, I have to go." I then went to turn around and grabbed my phone. "What? Where are you going?" I then sighed and looked at him. "Hank, what you just said...you said that if I think I'm scared, what about her? I didn't even think about that. What the heck have I done? I am here at the district when I should be at home giving her comfort and telling her that everything is going to be okay...not just doing it on my own and trying to hide my worries in work!" Hank looked at me when I said that. "Wow, I didn't even...."

I then went to grab Champ's leach and looked at him. "Come here bud, we are going to get going." I then went to attach his leach to his collar and just looked at Hank. "Thanks for talking to me and reminding me where I should be right now." Hank then looked at me. "I didn't even know I did that." I nodded while looking at him. "You're not mad that I was here right?" Hank sighed. "Jay, you have mental health issues and this must be scaring you...who knows what you need to do to take care of yourself. I need to get that in my head okay? I can't control you."

I nodded when he said that. "Thanks for understanding Hank. Now listen, I am going to go home and be with Erin like I should be right now. Please don't be mad." Hank nodded and agreed. I then went to grab the papers I took out to clean up when Hank stopped me. "Jay, just go home. I will clean up. Grab all the things that you need to bring home and go be with Erin." I nodded and agreed with him as I went to grab my phone so that I could get home to Erin.