VI

Possible spoilers between the ⭐🦋 and 🦋⭐.

— OoOoO — OoOoO — OoOoO — OoOoO — OoOoO —

"Star! STAR!" Marco yelled, as he ran into the Rose Garden.

Star jumped off the bench she was sitting on, dropping her book. She raised her wond and shouted, "What is it? A demon?"

"No," Marco replied, "something better." He ran up to Star and showed her the picture on his phone. It was of his mother Angie lying in a hospital bed holding a baby, with his father Rafael standing proudly beside her.

Star squealed in delight. "Marco Junior! So cute! When did this happen?"

"A couple days ago. Email from Earth is sometimes slow due to, you know, being in a different dimension. No idea why texts are instantaneous." Marco swiped to a second photograph, of only the baby. "Star, meet Mariposa, my new baby sister."

"Sister? I thought you were getting a brother."

"Dad says, 'for how much money doctors charge, you'd think they'd be much better at their jobs.'"

Star giggled. "Mariposa, that's a pretty name. Much better than Marco Junior. Your parents wanting to name their son after their son was way weird."

"Um, Star? You know my parents consider you their daughter, right?"

Star blushed. "Yes."

"They named their daughter after their daughter; after you. Mariposa means Butterfly in Spanish."

Star's eyes teared up. "I ... I ... I don't know what to say."

Marco hugged her. "You don't have to say anything, I'm sure they know how honored you are."

"Still weird though," Star responded. Releasing the hug, Star said, "We have to visit. Now!"

"Hold on, Star. Mom had some difficulties during the delivery, and the email said they were going to keep her several extra days for treatment and observation. So, we need to give them a couple days to get home and settled in. Then we can visit. We'll stay several days to help out, and we can visit our friends as well ... maybe have a beach day with them."

Star squealed again, bouncing up and down, clapping her hands. "Yay! You know what this calls for, don't you?"

"I do."

They faced each other and yelled in unison, "Alternate universe!"

— Oo1oO — Oo1oO — Oo1oO — Oo1oO — Oo1oO —

⭐🦋 The quiet and darkness of Marco's room gave way to the sound and light of an opening space-time portal. Star walked out of the portal, followed by Marco.

Star flipped on the lights as they slowly walked to the bed and sat down. For a few minutes neither spoke, their shocked faces wearing thousand-yard-stares.

"So," Marco said.

"So," Star replied.

Babystoat appeared from a puff of pink glitter.

"Pregnant," Marco said.

"Pregnant," Star said.

"So, let's see. In that AU Meteora never disappeared and attacked Butterfly Castle. Star, as queen, defeated her somehow, then ... abdicated the throne to Eclipsa. After the battle, Star thought Tom dumped her, leaving her alone with Marco, and both needing comforting and stress relief ... they ... um ... did the thing ... erm ... without proper protection ... and ..."