Epilogue

In the Dimension of Humans with Cat Faces, Bob sighed, closing the All-Seeing Eye. She had watched as Meteora was defeated but did not care to watch what was happening afterward.

Bob pulled back her hood, revealing short, bluish-silver, hair, parted on the side and combed over. Her face was careworn, lined by age, stress, and exposure. Her eyes were dull, bereft of any sign of kindness, and her Magic-Pips were spiderwebbed with purple veins. A livid, vertical, scar creased each pip, giving them the appearance of having cracked and broken.

Although Meteora had failed, Bob's plan was on track. Bob expected Meteora to fail; it was a story repeated across a hundred alternate universes. Working through another always failed. She thought back to her first partnership, with Mina Loveberry. In the end, that proved to be a colossal mistake, and Bob had to destroy her. Bob realized then that she could rely on nobody but herself, so had to take all matters into her own hands. From then on, she made the failure of others part of the plan, usually to their deaths.

Bob had deceived, and outright lied to, Meteora about many things. Her biggest deception was destroying the parts of the transformation parchment that told of needing a fixing spell to make the transformations permanent; that without the fixing spell, the transformations could be undone by killing the spellcaster. Bob knew that a copy of the spell likely existed somewhere and would be found. How this AU's Butterflys and their allies made use of the information told Bob to what lengths they were willing to go.

Bob was powerful, but she was neither omnipotent nor omniscient. Although each universe was similar, there were always differences, some subtle, others less so. By playing the long game and working through another at the start, she was able to anonymously learn those differences in strengths, weaknesses, tactics, powers, and personalities. She then tailored her plans to those differences. If it also resulted in removing some of her future foes, all the better.

Bob rubbed her left arm thoughtfully. Of all the alternate Mewnis she was working to destroy, or had already destroyed, this was the first where she made use of Meteora. Typically, she worked through Toffee, but Toffee wasn't always available; either he or the universe was sufficiently different that he was not a threat or, because timelines among AUs didn't always line up with each other, it was too late to use him. This time she chose Meteora as her pawn in no small part because all the alternate Eclipsas Bob faced never once killed their daughters. Bob wondered if the surprise killing meant this AU would be more difficult to destroy than the others.

"Something to keep in mind, as I begin the next phaseof this AU's destruction," Bob said to herself. She chuckled. "An infinite waragainst infinite Mewnis requires infinite things to be done." With alternating blue-, pink-, purple-, andyellow-magic dancing flame-like around her hand, she opened a space-timeportal. With great strength of purposereflected in her stride, she stepped through.