𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭

Senku was later than usual. He was up all night texting a certain (e/c) eyed teen that he lost track of time. The young scientist made no time to dawdle with his own thoughts as he made haste, knowing he had no time to be standing around. He was already behind schedule.

As soon as he was ready, Senku made sure he wore a face mask. Seeing as he still had a cold, it would only be appropriate. The young scientist startled himself when he looked at the mirror, forgetting that his hair was now down and shorter than before. It was a good look on him, he admitted, but it would take a while before he and the people around him get used to it.

Finally going outside his house and locking the door, he made his way to school in a brisk pace. He noticed that there were no swallows in sight, further increasing his confusion. The walk to school was slow, despite Senku making an effort to go faster.

A powerful gust of wind passed by him as he could hear a bicycle coming his way. He stopped in his tracks and turned around, seeing that it was none other than Nanami (Y/n) himself. Senku raised his hand and waved at the biker.

No reaction was given, as the young Nanami did not even spare him a single glance. (Y/n) made his way to school, ultimately ignoring Senku in the process.

The young scientist was baffled. This was new.

Senku didn't even expect you to be making your way to school this late. Then again, you stayed up with him despite sounding like you were extremely tired.

The crimson eyed teen shook his head and continued walking, trying to brush off your weird behavior. Surely, you were just rushing to get to school and didn't notice him. Right?

No longer than fourteen minutes pass and Senku found himself already in front of the school gate. He rushed over to the classrooms and saw that the seat next to you was empty. The young scientist walked over and he could have sworn he heard some students muttering to themselves about you. He didn't know why you were the topic of their conversation, and so he just assumed it was just some students spreading false rumors about you. Again.

A puff of air left his mouth as he sat next to you. Now, usually you'd be greeting him with a good morning. But now wasn't the time. The teacher walked in with a tired expression, asking the students if they were ready to take their exams. After a chorus of the students giving a positive reply, papers were immediately distributed.

Senku glanced over your direction and saw that you were already starting.

He sighed. Maybe he'd get a chance to talk to you later, after the test.

The silence was thick. Sometimes Senku's or some other student's coughing would interrupt. It wasn't a surprise when people saw you were the first to finish.

Since you had a lot of time in your hands, you made sure to check everything. A small spelling mistake or error could cost you, after all. And to you, every point counts.

You spent the rest of your time tapping your desk as you read everything on the test paper over and over, waiting to spot an error so you could correct it. Senku stares at you, wondering why you were so worried. He knew you valued every point, but this seemed like overkill. You were already staring at your paper for over half an hour now. Surely you've had enough?

Apparently you weren't, as the time limit drew near. More and more students would be finishing up and just waiting for the teacher's cue to pass the papers. Meanwhile, the young Nanami was still staring at his paper. Senku wondered what was so interesting about it. Getting a high grade was good, of course, and he knew perfection was your goal. But sometimes, the young scientist would worry about how obsessive you can be.