𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜!

"Arranged marriage?!"

Ryusui grasps your shoulders and shook you.

"Who gave you such an idea?" Your brother practically shouted in your face, making you irritated beyond belief.

"Father's actions gave me mixed signals, how was I supposed to know that wasn't what he was planning!?" You shouted back, equally as loud. Francois watched in the sidelines, silently calculating the situation.

"Father may be a bit difficult, but he isn't cruel." Ryusui face palms, removing himself from you.

"Your life isn't a drama or some sick play made by a sadist, young master. A plot twist like that isn't gonna happen." Francois assures

Or is it?

You shook off your thoughts as it was your turn to face palm.

You always did have a habit of expecting the worst. All that enjoyment from being with Senku triggered your pessimistic side and ultimately got you overthinking things left and right. It would be an understatement to say that you were beyond relieved an arranged marriage isn't taking place between you and Seiya. And it would also be a lie if you said that you didn't regret rejecting Senku all for that one misunderstanding.

Nothing could be done now that you've already said those words, but you could at least salvage what was left of it.

Ryusui sighs once again and pats your shoulder. "Jesus, you're helpless." He starts before giving you a reassuring smile, "Your big brother is always here for you if you need some advice. Well, not literally, but you get the point." Ryusui chuckles when he remembered that he was going out to sail once again, leaving you behind as always.

Another disappointed smile graced your features as you stared at your older brother, expecting him to at least stay for a few weeks. A really important event was coming up, after all.

The blond notices this and lightly ruffles your naturally curled hair, which reminded you that you indeed forgot to straighten it earlier this morning.

"I'll make it up to you next month, I promise." The older male leaves after the promise was made. Francois followed behind swiftly, not forgetting to give you a polite bow prior.

You could hear the large oak doors close with a loud thud, making the sound echo through the large manor.

A sigh inevitable escapes you as you finally decide to go back to your room and rest.

Tomorrow was the weekend and surprisingly, you had agreed to hang out with your friends by the beach. They had mentioned that you looked almost literally dead due to all the student council work that piled up. This was a chance to finally let loose and take a break.

Once you've made it to your room, you decided to pack the things you needed for tomorrow in advance.

Swimming trunks, sunscreen, sunglasses, extra clothes, and other things of a similar caliber. You contemplated on whether you should bring something that would help you float, but decided against it when you started imagining your friends teasing you for not knowing how to swim.

After packing everything, you immediately plopped on your bed, trying to get some well needed sleep. Not even a second passes and you could hear your phone buzz, making you groan out of displeasure.

You checking to see who decided to text you at such an ungodly hour, and almost choked on your own saliva when you found out who it was.

Sleep well, see you tomorrow.

Oh, Ishigami Senku. If only he knew the effect he had on you.

With that, you fell asleep with a smile on your face.