ten

Ten

Later in the evening while Luke was wrapping up his work, he got a call and quickly answered it. "Hi, is this Dr. Hemmings?"

"Yes, this is him," Luke answered as he moved some paper around.

"This is Travis Neil, Kemper's social worker, how are you?" this introduction caught Luke off guard.

'I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm good," he answered. "Your paperwork has been looked through and you and Dr. Deaton have been approved to be Kemper's foster parents. Once she is discharged you can bring her home and I will check up on you in a week whether that be in the hospital or at home,"

"Oh my God," Luke said as a smile grew on his face, "thank you so much,"

"You're welcome, I'll see you in a week,"

"See you then, bye," Luke hung up. Instead of finishing his paperwork, he quickly exited his office and rushed to Sierra's where she was talking with Ashton.

"What's wrong? You look frantic," Sierra said with worry.

"We got approved," Luke smiled, "we get to be Kemper's foster parents," Sierra's eyes widened as she stood up.

"Please tell me you're not joking," she said.

"I'm not, I just got the call. Once she's discharged she can come home with us," Luke said with a smile. Sierra quickly hugged him and he hugged her tightly.

"Holy shit, this is amazing," Ashton smiled as the two let go, "Congrats,"

"When can you discharge her?"

"Once her bruising clears up," Luke said. Sierra nodded, still holding a smile on her face. They finished up paperwork and went to check on Kemper, who had fallen asleep a couple of minutes ago. Luke took the two teeth in the bag and left a ten dollar bill for her, then left for the evening with Sierra, ready to get home and get the guest room ready for her.

The couple fell asleep quickly that night and woke up early in the morning, both ready to get to work. So they quickly rushed to get ready, then left to work where Kemper was awake, "Hey Kemper," Luke greeted.

"Look, the tooth fairy left me money," Kemper grinned as she held up the ten dollar bill.

"What? No way," Sierra gasped and Kemper giggled.

"I can buy a house with it," Kemper said, making the couple laugh.

"I think you'll need a little more than that," Luke commented as he and Sierra sat on the edge of the bed. "We have a question for you though,"

"What?" Kemper's head tilted slightly.

"When you get discharged, would you like to come home with us?" Sierra asked, which made Kemper perk up.

"Really?" she asked and they nodded.

"We got approved to be your foster parents and adopt you later," Luke told her and Kemper smiled.

"Can we go home today?" she asked and the couple chuckled.

"Not today, maybe tomorrow," Luke said. "Sierra is going to check out your bruising and we'll see how you're doing the rest of the day,"

"Ok," Kemper grinned.

"We have to go do our rounds, Ashton will be here soon to check on you," Sierra told her and Kemper nodded. The two gave her a kiss on the top of her head, then left to start their work for the day and check on Kemper later. To Kemper's luck, Ashton had come in within the hour so she could tell him the good news.

"You're all smiley," Ashton chuckled.

"The tooth fairy came and left me ten dollars and a note," Kemper held up the two.

"Whoa, that is so exciting,"

"Luke and Sierra said tomorrow I might be able to go home with them," Kemper added as Ashton sat at the edge of her bed.

"What?" Ashton gasped excitedly to keep Kemper's mood up. Obviously he knows, but he pretended to not know. Kemper giggled and nodded.

"If my bruising is better I can go home with them,"

"How does that make you feel?"

"Excited but nervous,"

"Why nervous?"

"What if they hurt me like Glenn did?" Kemper questioned quietly.

"They would never do that," Ashton promised her as he held her hand and stroked the back of it with her thumb. "They love you so much, and they are so excited to have you in their lives. They'll give you so much love and cuddles and always make sure you're ok," Kemper nodded, wiping her cheeks with her free hand.

"Are they going to be my mommy and daddy?"

"What do you want them to be?" Ashton questioned.

"My mommy and daddy," Kemper answered.

"Then that's what they'll be," Ashton smiled. "And if you're scared you can ask them, they'll answer any question you have," Kemper nodded in response to that.

"Can I have beauty and the beast on?" Kemper asked.

"Again?" Ashton raised his eyebrows, making Kemper laugh.

"Yes," she nodded.

"Alright," Ashton smiled and got up, walking over to the TV and setting up beauty and the beast. He then left to do his rounds, leaving Kemper there watching her favorite movie to forget about everything.

A/N: Hey guys! I have another lierra book up called trust. if you would like to check it out you can!

Thanks for reading! Please vote! :)