thirteen

Thirteen

The rest of the night was peaceful and waking up in the morning was fine. Sierra was the first to wake up and saw Kemper curled up next to Luke, both still asleep. She smiled as she brought out her phone, snapping a quick picture of the two, then heading downstairs to start making breakfast. Once she was done making pancakes, Luke came down holding Kemper.

"Morning," Sierra smiled as she went over, kissing Luke, then kissing Kemper's cheek.

"Morning," Luke grinned, "you made pancakes?"

"Only one of the best breakfast foods," Sierra replied as she went back over, flipping the final pancakes, then putting it on the plate once it was done. She brought the plate over as Luke sat down with Kemper next to him. "How did you sleep baby?"

"Good," Kemper rubbed her eyes. Sierra put a pancake on a plate for Kemper, then poured some syrup on top and put the plate in front of her.

"Have you ever had pancakes?" Luke asked, but Kemper shook her head. "Oh you'll love them," Luke said, showing her how to cut the pancake with her fork. Kemper followed what he did, then tried a bite and smiled lightly. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah," Kemper nodded and looked at Sierra, "thank you,"

"You're welcome," Sierra smiled, "have as many as you want," Kemper nodded and continued eating.

"Ashton, Calum, Michael, Crystal, and Kaykay were going to stop by after work, are you ok with that?" Luke questioned. Obviously she knew everyone, but she never saw them outside of their work.

"Yes," Kemper said before she took another bite of her pancake. Eventually they finished up breakfast and Sierra brought Kemper upstairs to get ready for the day. Normally Kemper picked out her outfit, which was a pretty bland outfit consisting of a black leggings and a long sleeve shirt, which was bad because it was hot outside, but as she looked through her clothes, she branched out this time. She chose a navy blue skort and a pink shirt with a butterfly on the front. Sierra helped her change, not wanting her stitches to rip, and smiled when Kemper was changed.

"You look gorgeous," Sierra smiled at her, making Kemper blush with a smile.

"Thank you,"

"Do you want your hair done?" Sierra asked and Kemper nodded. So Sierra brushed out her hair and put it into a ponytail, then added a big white bow in the hair. "Alright, go see if you like it," Sierra told Kemper. She went over to the mirror and stared at herself for a second, then looked down. "What's wrong? Do you not like it?" Kemper didn't respond, so Sierra went over and knelt down next to her as they stood in front of the mirror.

"I look bad," Kemper whispered.

"No you don't," Sierra told her shocked, "why do you think you look bad?"

"Cause of these," Kemper motioned at her bruises and cuts.

"Those don't make you look bad," Sierra said, "you are gorgeous with or without them,"

"I don't want them but they won't go away,"

"They'll heal," Sierra held Kemper's hand, "and you might have some scars, but if you want we can try to get rid of them," Sierra said. "But don't bring yourself down because of them. You went through a lot, and with time you'll heal with these," Kemper nodded and hugged Sierra, who hugged her back tightly.

"Can I show daddy my outfit?" Kemper asked as they let go.

"I'm sure he'll love it," Sierra smiled.

"Will he think I look bad?"

"He would never think that, neither of us will," Sierra promised her. Kemper nodded and Sierra stood up. Kemper quickly held her hand and Sierra smiled at her. The two went down as Luke was finishing cleaning the kitchen, but turned around when he heard the two. His face lit up when he saw Kemper branching out and wearing short sleeves and shorts.

"Look how beautiful you look," Luke smiled, putting the sponge down and drying off his hands. He went over and knelt down in front of Kemper, still holding the same smile, "you look prettier than Belle," Luke said, making Kemper giggle.

"Mommy did my hair," Kemper told him.

"She did a great job," Luke said and Kemper nodded.

"My tummy hurts," Kemper held her lower abdomen.

"How about you lie down on the couch and I'll get your medicine for the day?" Sierra suggested and Kemper nodded, going to the living room and sitting with Petunia while Sierra got her antibiotics and painkiller. She went back over and Kemper took the medicine while Sierra turned the TV on for her. She started scrolling through netflix until Kemper stopped her.

"Can I watch the horse one?" Kemper pointed at the screen and Sierra nodded.

"Sure," she turned the show on for her. "Luke and I are going to get ready, can you wait down here with Petunia?" she asked and Kemper nodded, so the two went up to get ready while Kemper was distracted. The couple had gotten everything ready, then in the evening their friends had arrived. "Hey guys, come in," Luke allowed Ashton and Kaykay to come in after they worked.

"Everyone else is finishing up right now," Ashton told him and he nodded. "How is Kemper?"

"She's doing a lot better," Luke smiled. "Physically and mentally,"

"Good," Kaykay grinned. The three went to the living room and saw Sierra and Kemper snuggled under a blanket watching the same show Kemper requested earlier.

"Kemper, look who's here," Luke said. Kemper sat up with Sierra and smiled when she saw the couple here.

"Hey princess, how are you feeling?" Ashton asked.

"Good," Kemper smiled.

"Is your tummy better?" Kaykay asked and Kemper nodded.

"I took medicine so it will get better," Kemper explained. The two sat down on the large couch as Luke went to get the door after hearing another knock. He opened the door to see Michael, Crystal, and Calum there.

"Is Kemper adjusting well?" Crystal asked after Luke let them all in.

"Yeah, a couple of problems but nothing we couldn't work out," Luke answered. The four went into the living room and took a seat on the couch, Luke obviously taking his spot back next to Kemper.

"Have Luke and Sierra been kind?" Michael asked and Kemper nodded happily.

"We got a lot of toys,"

"What's your favorite toy?" Calum asked.

"Barbies," Kemper grinned, "cause daddy plays with Ken and mommy plays with barbie and then I get to be the unicorn," Kemper explained, making the group smile at her. The group ended up hanging out the rest of the night and enjoying seeing how the family was getting close like they all wanted.