twenty

Twenty

School had gotten easier through the month. There was a routine, which Kemper appreciated to have some stability, but there were still tears some days for school. Like everyone knew though, some days were better than others. That was how the family lived though. There were days that were good, and there were days that were bad, there was no way of telling.

Though Kemper enjoyed school, at times, weekends were still her favorite. She had her parents full attention, they would do fun things, and those were the days she thrived the most. Sierra had signed her up for soccer and ballet, and she hated soccer with a passion. It was hot, sweaty, and lots of kids were pushing each other. Calum had been disappointed, wanting to teach his niece all about soccer and now not having the opportunity. Ballet was where she thrived. She was a natural and her teachers loved how quickly she picked up. Luke and Sierra loved seeing how much she enjoyed practices.

Now the couple sat in the audience at her first recital, watching the small girl up on stage definitely being a leader of the group. She practiced and practiced the routine, and it paid off. While most of the children stood or ran around on the stage, Kemper was focused and doing the best she could to show off her skills. Obviously there were fumbles and mistakes, but Luke and Sierra couldn't be more proud of their daughter. Once the routine was over the couple and their friends all stood up, cheering loudly as she exited the stage with everyone else.

All the parents waited in the lobby as the kids came rushing out, all just wanting to go home. Kemper followed out and immediately tackled Luke and Sierra into a hug, "Oh, you did amazing," Sierra kissed her daughter's cheek, making her giggle.

"I did my best,"

"You did and we couldn't be more proud," Luke smiled. The rest of her aunts and uncles gave her hugs, congratulating her on her performance, claiming it blew them away.

"See Uncle Cal, it's better than soccer," Kemper looked up at her Uncle.

As much as he wanted to argue on why soccer was better, he didn't, "You might be right," he lied, bringing a smile to her face.

"We all brought you flowers, we'll have to put them in vases," Sierra told her as Luke picked her up.

"Where to now, princess?" Luke asked. "We can go out and celebrate,"

"Can we go home?" Kemper asked, "With everyone and get pizza?"

"Home?" Sierra questioned and Kemper nodded.

"Home it is," Luke smiled.

A/N: And that's the book! Thank you all so much for all of the love and support on the book. I have a lot of other 5sos books in the works, including another lierra book, so stayed tune. I hope you all enjoyed reading about Kemper's story!

Thanks for reading! Please vote! :)