8.

Raavi was looking for someone she could talk to. Usually she would speak to Dhara di, but ever since she got married, there had been a distance between them. She didn't even have her diary to vent out her emotions. Prafulla and Anita were useless, and she didn't trust Rishita. She couldn't talk to Shiva because he was the one she wanted to talk about.

"Bhabhi aap aise terrace ke chakkar kyu kaat rahi ho?" Krish asked.

It was like God heard her prayers and gave her Krish to talk to. "Krish, main Shiva se pyaar karti hu. Aaj se nahi, par shayad bachpan se. Maine realise kaise nahi kiya?"

She was waiting to see the shock on Krish's face, but there was none. Krish was practically rolling his eyes.

"Tujhe pata tha?" Raavi asked.

"Of course pata tha bhabhi. In fact, mujhe toh bohot pehle pata lag jana tha. But main bhi kitna stupid tha ki dekh hi nahi paya. Aap dono ka ek dusre ko dekhe bagair ek din nahi kat ta. Main toh yeh soch ke hasta hu ki agar aapki shaadi Dev se ho gayi hoti, toh kya hota? Aap toh honeymoon mein bhi Shiva ko le jati apne sath."

Krish started laughing and Raavi hit him on the head, blushing.

"Tujhe lagta hai woh bhi mujhse pyaar karta hai?" Raavi asked.

"Of course karta hai bhabhi. Maine kaha na aapke bagair uska din nahi kat ta. Ohho, woh Raakesh yaad hai? School wala? Unhone aapko rulaya tha. Sabke saamne kaha tha Raavi ugly hai. Shiva ne phir kya dhoya tha usko."

Raavi remembered that incident very well. He had been bullying her by calling her ugly so she was sitting in the corner crying. Shiva came and asked what was troubling her. She told him everything, and Shiva went and picked up a fight with him.

"Aur uski behen ko aapne kya dhoya tha jab woh Shiva ke baare main ulta seedha bol rahi thi." Krish said.

Raavi had been sitting and gloating the entire day. Shiva had saved her honor today. She was still worried because Shiva had been called into the principal's office after lunch. Raavi knew he wouldn't be punished, after all, he did it just for her. She would tell their principal everything.

Just then Jia came and hurled Raavi's tiffin away. They were close friends so Raavi was shocked at her behaviour. The whole class gathered to witness the drama which was going to happen.

"Shiva ko tumne bola tha Raakesh bhai ko maarne ko?"

Raavi had completely forgotten about them being siblings. "Maine maarne nahi bola tha par-"

"Main usko chorungi nahi. Bhai ko kitni chot lagi hai. Woh Shiva apne aap ko samajhta kya hai? Uncivilised insaan. I hope principal ma'am use school se nikal de."

"Jia, faltu bakwaas mat kar. Tera bhai mujhe pareshan kar raha tha. Shiva aise hi kisi se nahi ladta."

"Oh please, woh number ka gunda hai. Uski toh-"

Raavi couldn't control herself any longer. She pushed Jia to the floor. "Mere Shiva ke baare mein kuch mat bolna warna main tujhe nahi chorungi."

Jia didn't stop. She pushed Raavi to the floor and started insulting both Raavi and Shiva. Raavi couldn't control herself and she fought. That was the first and last physical fight she'd ever been in and then she'd vowed to leave the fighting to Shiva. She got several scratches and was suspended from school for 5 days. Her Maasi and Anita were so mad. Shiva was secretly proud of her and smiled at her all day.

"Haa uski kaisi himmat hui mere Shiva ke baare mein kuch bhi bolne ki." Raavi said. "Par agar tujhe pehle se pata tha toh tune mujhe bataya kyu nahi?"