chapter 6 -- decepticons

✔️ Rewritten & Edited!

The streets of Kaon were barren. The only life that appeared were the starving Cybertronian animals looking for food and making a home within squat abandoned buildings. Rust overtook the unnatural formations, creeping up the sides like roots. The sky was growing dark as the day came to a close, the few working lights that miraculously still stood blinking on. The sounds of the war-torn city were those of the planet — animals preying, wind howling, and acid coverings waving — except for the quiet, almost invisible, taps on the street. A Cybertronian dawning a black cloak padded down the road. The hood of the cloak concealed their face, red optics shining through, the protective materiel whipping at their pedes.

They suddenly stopped, looking upwards. They gazed at the tallest building in the city — Kaon's Council Building — which was also in the very center of the city. They locked their optics on the building for a few moments, only looking away when they heard faint growling. They looked to their right, where a short wall of scrap stood about ten yards away, housing the acid-green optics to a creature that was unseen. The Cybertronian raised their servos to show they meant no harm, showing their red armor and clawed digits. The creature's growling stopped at the action. It lifted its helm up, and started its pad out of the pile of scrap that was probably its home. The first paw stepped into the light — a sky-blue color, with little portions of gray where the armor didn't cover. The next paw came into the light of the Cybertronian sun, followed by the bent helm, narrowed optics, and slicked-back ears.

The creature was a Mechalynx, one of the many predator animals on Cybertron. Its acid-green optics dilated upon looking up at the Cybertronian, ears flopping upwards in a friendly way. The Cybertronian crouched down, offering a servo to the creature. It came closer, sniffing their digit carefully. The other lifted their servo to rest it upon the Mechalynx's helm, but it shook its helm, snarling and backing away. The Cybertronian sighed, standing up and dusting their servos against each other.

"Seriously, Voltage?" He said, "You let Soundwave pet you, but not me?"

The Mechalynx made a noise that sounded like a growl and a chuckle mixed together. It backed away more, then shuddered its optics and started to transform. Its body shifted significantly, turning it into a bipedal version of what it used to be. Their floppy Mechalynx ears stayed fixed on their Cybertronian helm, and they onlined their acid-green optics, staring at the other.

"Knockout, you know the answer." She hissed, stretching her arms above her helm, then shaking her body, "Primus, took ya long enough! I thought my legs were gonna cramp!"

"Zeta's an aft when it comes to these things, y'know." Knockout said, gesturing dramatically, "He doesn't trust me with patrol duty that often."

"Right. What about the new 'Bot you said would be comin'?" Voltage asked.

"His name's Optimus. Apparently he's Alpha Trion's new charity case." The other said, smirking, "Zeta wouldn't shut the frag up about him. He's bound to mess up on the next mission he's got for 'em just to impress the guy."

"If that's all you brought for Megatron, your helm's goin' on a spike." The Mechalynx said, walking past the Velocitronian.

"Trust me, I have more valuable intel with me." Knockout informed, following her.

They were getting closer to the Kaon Council Building, where two guards by the entrance came into view. Knockout only knew the one on the left — Ionstorm, an average Decepticon Seeker who's light blue with white stripes and large orange optic — and saw that he was holding a rifle in his servos. He didn't know the other, who was dark red with yellow optics and holding the standard Elite-guard-issued blaster. They both had prominent Decepticon insignias on their persons, being either a bright or dark shade of purple. As the two neared the entrance, the unknown Cybertronian raised their blaster at Knockout.

"Spinister!" Voltage growled, stomping up to the dark red Cybertronian, "Your head's full of scrap!"

Spinister lowered his blaster, glaring at the Velocitronian.

"Why did you bring an Autobot frag—,"

"Oh, shut it, glitch." Knockout interrupted him, "I'm no Autobot. I'm merely Lord Megatron's spy, disguised as one of those scum."

"Why haven't we heard of you, then?" Ionstorm asked, the muzzle of his rifle resting on his shoulder-pad.

"A necessary precaution." Voltage said, arms crossed and optics narrowed impatiently, "If you were caught by Autobots or Mercenaries, they'd force the info outta ya in a matter of klicks."

The Rainmaker simply nodded. Spinister looked over at the light blue flier, then at the Mechalynx, and sighed.

"Get inside before someone sees you." He growled.

The Mechalynx walked through the entrance, Knockout in tow, waving them off. He noticed right as the walked in a horrid smell, followed by the observation of large clumps of graffiti on the walls and rust between the cracks. Zapmice scuttled away at the sight of the giants, and Cybercats mewed within the shadows. Though, he didn't see it for long. As they went deeper into the building, it became darker. Voltage seemed to be able to see just fine, but the other was close to bumping into various abandoned objects, causing him to flinch back with a yelp. Soon, they made it to an elevator, despite the setback, and the doors opened for them once Voltage approached. She stepped inside the boxy container, Knockout following a moment later, and they faced the doors. They closed, and automatically started its descent. The two didn't speak for the whole ride down, though Knockout messed with his digits semi-anxiously. He had always given intel to Decepticon raiding parties or passing guards, but since he had sworn allegiance to the Decepticons, he would be relaying that information directly to Megatron. He hasn't even seen the brute. He was broken from his thoughts when the elevator halted, jolting up slightly. Voltage wasn't effected by the jolt.

The doors opened, and the Mechalynx stepped out. Knockout had no choice but to follow her. His optics widened upon seeing the room. It was spotless, unlike the messiness from above, and filled with Decepticon drones carrying crates from the branching hallways to rooms. Some typed at different terminals along the walls, sending messages and keeping close track of Energon. The two started walking towards one of the branching tunnels, Voltage nodding to the drones as they passed, like they weren't sparkless bodies doing their superiors' bidding.

"Where are we going?" Knockout asked the Mechalynx as they left the main room.

"The throne room. That's where Megatron is." Voltage answered nonchalantly.

The Velocitronian clenched his servos to stop them from shaking. They continued on, stopping in the middle of the tunnel. It was dark — unusually dark — with the only light coming from the blue screens in the room ahead. He couldn't back out now.

"Lord Megatron," She said, "I've brought you a special ally."

There was a grumble of acknowledgment from within the room, the sound of shifting metal coming not long after.

"Knockout?" He asked in a deep, powerful voice.

"Yes, m'lord." Voltage confirmed.

"Ah, perfect." The Cybertronian said with a sinister happiness in his vocalizer, "Do come in. We have much to talk about."

The Mechalynx looked at the cherry-red Velocitronian, turning and walking next to him. She patted his shoulder-pad, and gave a rare smile. He looked at her through fearful optics, to which her smile faltered.

"Never show fear." She whispered, "Decepticons fear nothing, for if we do, it means weakness."

Knockout sighed deeply, looking back at the room.

"And weakness means death." He finished.

Voltage nodded, her servo leaving his shoulder-pad.

"Good." She said, nodding.

Then, she left the tunnel, her pedesteps trailing away. Knockout took a deep breath, and started into the room, still fearful, but hiding it behind a facade. He couldn't show fear in front of the leader of the Decepticons. He would seem weak. And weakness meant death.